What would our record be if VY was the starter at week 1?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'll say 4-5... maybe 5-4.

Too many possibilities to consider... bad Special Teams was a large reasoning for some. Defense was bad in some games, as well.

Thing is... would Vince have been able to compensate for the Special Teams, the field position and such? Maybe. Would Vince prolonging a drive help the defense play better? Maybe.

Against the Colts and Pats... hell no. Against the other teams? I can definitely see 1 or 2 wins. 2 others I could see as going either way - much closer games or we simply overcome. I'm thinking of the Jacksonville blowout, mainly...

But definitely 1 or 2 more wins.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Sure our defense is playing better but like TennTitans4Ever said, our ability to actually sustain drives has helped the defense. Sure that isn't the sole factor for the defensive turnaround but to shrug it off as nothing is ignorant. I think we would've been able to pull out at least one of the close games early on with Vince at QB. He certainly wouldn't have helped much in the blowout losses but I think he could've been a positive factor in the others. When Kerry gets forced out of the pocket he's useless. He just throws it away. Vince has the ability to keep plays alive by running or throwing on the run. I don't see how this is so hard for some to understand.

Get used to it. You can't have a rational discussion about VY with the haters. They always pull the "oh yeah, Vince is the greatest QB that every lived" card whenever you say anything remotely positive about the guy.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Ding, Ding, Ding... We have a winner!
    The head coach knew this as well. I can promise you the head coach is more informed and a better judge of talent than the owner. Sure, Buddy Boy was right about Vince but he had a 50% chance of being right and If Jeff had of succumbed to the mob VY would have started the NE game and Adams wouldn't have near as much to gloat about right now. Maybe Young and the team lose faith right off the bat.

What's happening here is a slow transition back to believing in Jeff Fisher and some realization that the bad start was something that ALL teams go through, especially small market teams and those without a SuperStar QB.

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Here's the thing, though... the discussion isn't "what if Fisher started Vince earlier?" The discussion is "what if Fisher had started Vince ALL ALONG."

I have no doubt that if Young had been thrown in the first time for the NE game, it would've ended poorly. But, had Vince been starting all along? That's a different matter, all together.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I totally agree with this... I remember watching the TOP in our early games feeling like there was no way any defense could hold up with so many 3 and outs. I don't think VY as QB would have translated into many more wins, but based on the more rational playcalling with VY in I'd be willing to bet the Jets and Jax games could have been different - in those 2 games Collins averaged 42.5 passes with 2 picks a game. Collins' immobility was a huge problem in the PIT game - they kept bringing the house and he kept throwing it away. Hard to imagine at least 1 of those wouldn't have been a win with VY so I'm thinking 4-5.

The elephant in the room is that we haven't lost since Keith and Lendale apologized for the towel 'incident'. And we hadn't won since that game. I'm sad to say I'm a believer now. I don't think VY could have overcome both the idiotic decisions by Fisher & Co as AND the curse. Glad it's all behind us now.

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

My opinion is that we would probably have had 1-2 more wins and CJ would have about 200-300 more rushing yards.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What would our record be if Vince was the starter at week 1?

Better.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Blindly saying we would have more wins doesn't cut it for me. Kerry played fairly well against the steelers, jags and texans. How do we know vince would have played better?

Vince is God now and is incapable of having a bad game?

I assume that in those games where our defense gave up 30 plus points we probably lose. In our game against the colts it hardly seemed like a single manning pass hit the ground. Vince is going to better that? Manning put up 31 points on us and it seemed like he wasn't even trying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar