What would our record be if VY was the starter at week 1?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I was just thinking about if Vince Young was the starter at Week 1 do you think we would have a better record, the same, little better?

I think Chris Johnson/LenDale White would both have more yards for one, when we were down (which was alot) we would pass, pass, and pass again to try and catch up. If we were tied or winning we would of ran more... right? Which means CJ/White would both of gotten more carries.

Looking at our early schedule & KCs Stats:
    Week 1- @Pit L 13-10 22/35 244Yds 1TD 1INT
    Week 2- Tex L 34-31 21/33 216Yds 2TD 1INT
    Week 3- @NYJ L 24-17 15/37 170Yds 1TD 2INT
    Week 4- @Jax L 37-17 29/48 284Yds 1TD 2INT
    Week 5- Indy L 31-9 19/32 164Yds 0TD 1INT
    Week 6- NE L 59-0 2/12 -7Yds 0TD 1INT

KC did have a good game week 1 & 2. But, we never should have thrown the ball 35,33,37, 48, and 32 times. Were 3-0 when we have thrown the ball under 25 times. I'm think we would have won week #2, #3, and possibly #4. That would make us 6-3.

So what do you guys/girls think...

2. jokerama8

jokerama8 Camp Fodder

We definitely "should" have won week 2 at the very least

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Maybe 4-5.

We did enough on offence to beat the steelers,texans and jets. The defence we the problem.

How do you think Vince would have done playing catch up and throwing 30-40 times a game. That would not have been good for his confidence.

4. TitanFan007

TitanFan007 Camp Fodder

Yeah because vince hasnt led any comebacks before in his career right?

6-3 for sure!

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

There's a big difference in a comeback drive and having to play every drive like a comeback because your defence has left you in a hole.

That's asking a lot from any QB. We were a mess and changing one player wasn't going to fix things. I'm offering no criticism of Vince here.

The Defence has been a different unit since the bye week. It's not jusat about Vince.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Probably 6-3 at best. But most likely 5-4.

but i'd take 5-4 right now in a heartbeat...if we're 5-4..we're looking at 10-6 easily, maybe even 11-5.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

More often then not our defense 'putting us in a hole' was the result of them playing 20 minutes of the first half because of 3 and outs. Vince's ability to extend drives matters a LOT on the other side of the ball, especially later in the game. You can't assume that the other teams score just as much and as easily if Vince is out there on offense, odds are they would have less opportunities to do so. My guess is 4-5 or 5-4, we probably would have beat Houston and the Jags. The Jets game we would have won anyway if not for two special (ed) teams fumbles

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Justify that claim..

1. kerry's best games came in week 2 against the texans and in week 4 against the jags. How do we know vince would have played better?

2. No matter who the QB was we would not have beaten the colts and pats. Anyone who thinks so is a moron!

3. Vince in 9 starts is bound to have a bad game or 2. So when would those bad games have come?

We had injuries to key defensive players. We started the pats game with cary williams, mouton and mccourtney starting as our main cover people.

Maybe there is one more game in there somewhere but it's hard to see it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The 0-6 start was more about special teams and defense. I think VY would have more success against a blitzing Jets team but it's hard to overcome two fumbles on special teams. No way he makes the difference in the three blowouts. Collins and the offense did enough in the Texans game.

That only leaves the Steelers game where Collins had 244 yards. That one was close enough to think that Young could have done something on the last drive when the Steelers were bringing the house. But I think Collins would have won that if the defense could have gotten off the field and the Titans did anything on special teams.

So I agree with possibly 4-5 at best.

10. iQon

iQon Starter

What's done is done, but I'd say we could have won all but the Pats, easy. COULD have.

D gave up against Indy and Jacksonville was on the field too long. We definitely had a chance to tie/win Week 1-3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar