What would Jeff Fisher trade for

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep. Tossed him under the bus

2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not sure how JC makes the Rusty-Volek comparison. Volek didn't hardly play at all his first 3 seasons.

This isn't madden players don't automatically get a little better every single year. Rusty at full development still won't be a good backup.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like how the Fisher haters(Duece, Alex) blame every bad player on Jeff Fisher but give him no credit for the players who had great careers here or those players who were solid for us and did nothing any place else. .

Nick Harper was actually a great signing we just kept him for a year too long and a year too old. Harper in many ways was a by product of years of bad draft picks like Beckham, Echols, Waddell, Gardner. The guy who could have played in his place was a career journeyman(Hood) but people like Alex and Duece act like we had a pro bowl player on the bench.

Nickey was a Floyd Reese pick and we used a 6th rd pick to move up in the 5th to get him in 2003. What was Nickey? Just a special team guy but to the idiot guild he was a 1st rd pick who started for 7 years. Why does a career special teams player somehow define a whole career for a coach?

Billy Volek was undrafted but was a solid backup for us for a few years. Bad coaching by Fisher i presume.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What kind of career did KVB have before he came here? You want to give the credit to Washburn fine, Jeff Fisher hired him. In reality we just got lucky and Reese deserves most of the credit for signing him twice.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Try reading the article there is a quote from Dinger that he likes Rusty's foot work and can work with him.

Real high level retort there.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It was also Dinger who wanted Kenny Britt.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Lol seriously?? We traded up for Donnie Nickey? Wow, I had seriously forgotten that. Damn we are stupid with draft picks.

Remember how Billy Volek was so mean to Fisher that Fisher cried about it to the media and then traded him and decided to bring in KfC with no experience in our system right before the season started and then we sucked big donkey balls?

That Billy Volek, sure is a mean guy.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

WTF!? Yes they do LOL, thats exactly how it works.

And you know how I know you don't play Madden, because not every player progresses, some stay exactly where they are.

How could Rusty NOT be better from his rookie year??????? He was about as bad as they come, but now has 2 years of learning under his belt.

He's better today than he ever was.

And the reason I ever even mentioned him and Volek was because IMO he's pretty much the same kind of player. And because Volek eventually became a respectable QB. I think Rusty has just as good a chance of having the same career, maybe even better..

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fans issue with donnie nickey was not that he occasionally made a play on ST. The issue was that he was completly incapable of playing safety. DN would routinely get embarassed by insurance salesmen during the preseason. There should not be a roster spot for any player who is incapable of playing the game.

DNs phone will not ring because he suPKs donkey balls and everyone in the NFL knows this except his buttbuddy fishface

and the only good thing about the Harper signing was that it made the ponies worse because the midget brought zero too the Titans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar