What would it take to get the #1 pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fairley = Next Haynesworth.

With face-stomping and all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Many experts consider that chart to be outdated, as it overvalues the top picks. Still, even if you don't value the top pick that highly, Alex is right - we'd still have to give up all of our picks this year plus some more next year.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

This year, there is no real standout shoe in #1 pick. This is probably the least the pick has been worth in a while There are no Suhs, no VYs, no Reggie Bushes.

Personally, this is not my favorite draft to have a top 10 pick. Not too many players I am head over heels in love with.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

why would you giveu p all that for one player when he may of been a one year wonder and may not even be the top draft pick???

we can address dt in fa and either at the #8 pick or later in the draft....no need to give up mroe than we have to offer

i personally think we should be thinking of trading back and picking up an extra draft pick or 2

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This is, indeed, an extremely weak 1st round core of talent this year.

Outside of Von Miller I can't think of anyone I'd really miss out on in the 1st round.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

No player is worth 2 first round picks before he plays a single NFL snap. I'd trade our 1 3 and 4 this year for him, not much more then that though. And I also think that Carolina would probably do that...they need a lot and that's draft pick stacking right there

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I mean, who knows? They could end up being the most talented group ever to come through the NFL

But at this point, they haven't given me reason for much excitement.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I like Von Miller a lot. He's a stud and a gamechanger. But I heard someone on the Zone this morning say something rather interesting. They said, "I think the Titans don't think they're as bad off at LB as we do."

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

After his interviews at the Combine, Fairley might be available at #8. Probably not, but maybe.

He's certainly not worth this year's first and next year's first.

No team should ever trade a future first. You could be giving up a top-3 pick.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

Don't know how accurate or up to date this site is, but it has the value much lower. Everything else I've ever seen is more in line with what others here are saying (all of this draft and maybe more to move up to #1).

Using this calculator, you could actually trade #8 overall and #72 (8th pick of 3rd round) and come out almost even for #1 overall.

In the real world, I doubt much of anyone with the #1 pick would make that trade, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar