What would it take to get Orton or Kolb?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titansfan12, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

This offseason, both of the guys should be available. It is more apparent that Kolb will be available assuming Vick stays in Philly, and Denver is starting to get over excited on Tebow so Orton may be the odd man out.

Which one would you rather have and what kind of draft picks would it take?

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm not convinced either will be available..

3. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Vick can't stay healthy, which makes it more important for them to keep Kolb. Orton maybe.. but he just signed an extension.

Draft a young gun and build around him

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It would take a lot more to get Kolb, I think. Maybe a 1 and a 3. Perhaps less if he bombs in the game tomorrow.

Orton is intriguing and could potentially come quite cheap. Maybe a 3 only.

I think the much better plan is to take the pick you would have used on Kolb or Orton and use it to move up and draft Mallett. I'm not convinced Orton or Kolb are above-average.

5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I don't want Orton he is not that good. I would rather draft a QB, or trade for Kolb if possible.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

After watching the bowl games over the past few weeks, I am not sure that any of the college QBs coming out this year (assuming Luck stays in college) are worth moving up to pick (with the exception of maybe Newton), and there is no way we would pick Newton at this point IMO.

However, I also do not think that either Kolb or Orton will be available. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Orton sign a two year option earlier this season? And, as for Kolb, I really do not see the Eagles moving him during this offseason.

So what are the options? Honestly, I think that Bud will keep VY for the coming year, and we will see what happens. Next year's QB crop looks alot better to me anyway.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Neither or these guys are worth trying for, really.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

The overall group next year is better. I would love to see us trade up and take Luck if he comes out, but that won't happen. If we take a QB, I'm hoping it's Mallett in the 1st, or Stanzi or Devlin later in the draft. I would love for us to trade for Kolb, but not if it takes a 1st rounder as we will have a top 12 pick, possibly top 10, and you just don't deal those unless you're getting an elite talent.

You're right though, Bud will most likely keep VY, so none of this matters. Hopefully if he does we can get Akukamara with our pick.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I wouldn't trade a number one draft choice for either player. Why? Neither Kevin Kolb or Kyle Orton will fix the main problem with the Titans, the defense. The smarter move would be to grab a guy like Shuan Hill or Carson Palmer, both are solid professional QB's, for a backup and let Young audition for our new head coach. Trusting in whoever we bring in WHEN Young gets injured.

Our first round pick needs to be spent on defense (any level as we need help on all three) and then G/C.

If that happens the two most likely outcomes are
    1) Young proves himself and with a revamped defense we are able to make a legitament push to the playoffs in 2011

2) Young fails and we are able to bring in a new QB from the talented 2012 draft class and he will be in a much better position to succeed in his rookie year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

the real question is why would we want Orton or Kolb

I'll take Orton over Kolb but I'm not sold on either of these two

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar