What will you be looking for versus the Seahawks?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My eye was on CJ and the DL and neither did much to impress me.

I blame jet lag.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Same as last year, defense can't get off the field, offense can't stay on it. CJ sucks

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

If CJ doesn't get it in gear soon, I hope Ringer or Frenchy can carry a full workload or split carries.

4. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I actually thought the defense played pretty well (1st team anyway), just giving up 3 points and bending but not breaking. I doubt they devoted much time to gameplanning, and even though they gave up some plays early they held Seattle to just 3 points. Klug and McCarthy are beasts!

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Good to see the "CJ sucks" already out in full force, despite the fact that our OL is terrible at blocking. For some reason they just cant create creases zone blocking. I thought we had a little success running power, so maybe we should go back to that.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

same as last year there were some lanes, CJsideways was too busy running E-W too be bothered too head upfield. Was pointed out a couple of times by EG and crew. In particular they ripped on CJsideways for stringing out that run where he reversed and barley avoided a tackle behind the LoS a couple of times only too run out of field and get tackled for a small loss. EG pointed out a crease where he could have cut and made something, but nothing huge which is all CJsideways cares about - the Homerun.

At least he got payed!

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

All the other backs looked much better. And to top it off, we could let it slide if he didn't drop all those passes. Guy is not the same.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

All the other backs looked much better with different OL and against different defence. It's ridiculous to go nuts over a 3rd or 4th stringer lighting it up in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

As I pointed out earlier, CJ's hands are bad and probably always will be. However his lack of production on the ground is just as much on the OL. Ringer and Reynaud popped off 2 big runs, but other than that were stuffed just like CJ.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

CJ looked better than he did early on last season. He didn't break off any long runs, but he didn't lose a lot of ground either. He's a slash and dash kinda guy. He might get stuffed, he might break out for a quick 15, or he might take it to the house. That's always been his style. I still think he can be effective when our passing game picks up. And, I don't know if any of you noticed, but Locker had huge running lanes yesterday. It looked like he could've took off on multiple plays.

I want to see how CJ does with Locker in the game. Maybe Locker will have the VY effect and boost the run game. It's gonna be very tough for teams to gameplan for CJ and Locker in the backfield. I think with Locker starting, we have a completely different offense and everybody benefits.

10. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

Step back from that ledge there buddy - it's preseason football and if history is any indication it means absolutely nothing. Seattle came out like they were playing for a playoff spot, and we came out and played like it was, well, a preseason game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar