What will the Titans do with LenDale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

smash and dash is hardly the reason why we were 8-8 and missed the playoffs this yr. if it wasnt for cj's 2000 "useless" yrds we probably would have been 4-12 or worse. your right the offense does dictate the defense time of possesion , turnovers and field position play a roal in the defense but when your defense cant stop anybody it doesnt matter as much. give me back our defense .......

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

here's an eye-popping stat:

we scored 39 touchdowns in 2009 and 41 in 2008.

we gave up 48 touchdowns in 2009 and 25 in 2008.

good god!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

instead of SMASH & DASH how about DEFENSE & DASH............

4. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

looks to me like we are gonna argue this in circles and not come to a settlement of any kind.
    But let me ask you this sir. You say our defense in 2009 sucked. Well i guarantee you that our 2010 defense is even going to be worse. So your are basically telling me that we should attempt the same CJ for 2k experiment in 2010 having already seen that it will fail. (And this is your own argument i am using) What is the logic in that?

I have said it before and will say it again. Many of you have fallen in love with the flashy shiny running back who got 2000 yards this season. Many of you are too blind to see the numerous times he failed to convert crucial third downs, the numerous times he lost yardage costing the team important field position.

Many of you so desperately want to gloss over the fact that our team suffered badly in scoring tds with lendale white on the bench.

You can throw out all these stats, blame the defense, blame the qb, blame fisher's dog. It boils down to one thing folks and one thing alone.

This team suffered badly with Chris Johnson getting 90% of the carries and with lendale white on the bench. WE have the stats to prove it... 2008 13-3 division winner and play off berth , 2009, a miserable 8-8 and last in the division.

Feel free to debate this or that, but i am one person you will not sway either way on our dismal our redzone offense was in 2009, I am one person you will not convince that we shall be better off with White gone.

I was never one given to ignoring the hard cold truth in front of me while rooting for a repetition of a badly failed experiment.

You actually think fisher is gonna run CJ another 300 times next year and we make the play offs?

Good God, i would love to make some wagers and take your money!

Cut lendale white and fail to replace him with a comparable back, give CJ the same number of carries he had this year and i will guarantee you this,

TITANS WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAY OFFS YET AGAIN!

Many people here have some inexplicable hatred for one of the best titans players. I for one, out of spite would love to see him go play for another team.

And hopefully i will still be here to rub it in next year as we watch cj run into the belly of a Dl line man and bounce back failing to score a much needed TD.. (as though you didnt already see enough of that in 2009)

Go ahead.. Cut him... I dare ya fisher!!! Cut him!:grrhee:

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I have not read the entire debate but I think that dividing the 2009 season into the VY half and Kerry Collins half would give you some needed information because Time of Possession dramatically changed when the switch was made. And suddenly the defense did appear to get better. Oddly enough, CJ was a constant variable. So He was no factor in winning or losing from the 30,000 foot perspective unless the stats reveal that he was directly responsible for an increase in TOP. But it appears VY was responsible for tuning the defense around (without carefully anlayzing the stats ). The stats would need some fleshing out, but that's what I saw.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It is obvious that after Finny and Fuller were healthy the defense played better. Also the stats are skewed by a few things. The Pats game for one. Opponents scored 9 more TDs against us for the year. 7 TDs to none in the Pats game alone.

When VY came into the picture two things happened. First CJ was utilized more. Second, VY didn't throw as much and was able to get a few 1st downs with his legs (KC thew the ball 36 times on avg per game, VY threw the ball 26 times). Add in the defense doing a better job and of course the TOP was far better. We also didn't play from behind as much so going nuts with the passing game was not necessary.

Either way you slice it however CJ was the main cog in the offense. If CJ were to get hurt VY would have carried the offense with his arm. No way we come close to 8-8 in that scenario not because I'm bashing Young necessarily but because we would have been one dimensional. 90% of the defense's preparation for each game was about CJ. The success VY had throwing the ball was in a large part because CJ was in the back field.

7. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

why is there even an argument for lendale vs CJ. Lendale didn't affect our season and the guy trying to say we went 13-3 because of lendale DOESNT WATCH THE GAMES. Hes NOT a starting running back. Watch our game against the Ravens last year. CJ shred them and then got hurt. What did Lendale do? fumble in the red zone and not carry the offense. The guy on here Karmarouge or whatever talking about our shiny back who doesnt convert 3rd down needs to get a new team CAUSE HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT. THE GUY WITH THE MOST TOTAL YARDS FROM SCRIMMAGE IN HISTORY IS A BEAST. END OF STORY.

8. Coov

Coov Starter

This is all very simple... There is nothing wrong with our running game. If Lendale wants to leave, best of luck to him.

9. mwhjr1988

mwhjr1988 Practice Squad

Lendale is gone....Javon was drafted to take his place.

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Frankly I don't care what happens to Lendale. He runs soft for a big man he's slow as hell and has a fumbling problem, but other than that he's great. I still can't figure out why the Titans didn't try to deal players like these before the trade deadline, just stupid. Look all of us know there are players that are not going to be resigned (Lendale, Kearse, Scaife among others), sometimes the FO has no clue. For instance, everyone knows that the Bengals TE's were decimated by injuries this season, they would have given us a decent draft pick for Scaife for sure. A 4th or 5th rounder sure would have been nice for a TE that won't even be playing for us next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar