What will the offense do against Chargers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Time to move on. I'm behind KC, Chow and Fisher. We've got a job to do.

Anybody think will see HB draw, HB release pass, or Troupe in the slot this weekend against the Chargers with their zealous rush?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hopefully we dont give up nine sacks. that's houston bad.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

oh, and im calling it now. the chargers will use and end around on us. they faked the end around about 5-7 times against the raiders on monday night.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

IMO I don't think we'll see much draw play. With our pathetic Guards at work we'd need to go shotgun to give the play a chance. Since we don't use much shotgun
    it's fair to say they'd be expecting the draw if we go to the shotgun since were a proclaimed running team.

We need to go max protect to make them call off the dogs,give KFC & the RB's more time. If your TE isn't tied up with a block thats your underneath release every time.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We'll need to find a way to slow those LBs. If we can establish the run, then maybe some play-action will open up the short passing game. Troupe needs a big game.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I hope the offense runs the ball 30 or more times while we control the clock and win the game...

but back to reality...

we will probably punt early and often while our defense does good in general, but allows a couple of big plays (like an 80 yard screen pass to LT, etc)...

therefore our offense is going to be in catch up mode, so we will be doing a lot of passing...

My guess is that in the 2nd half, we will rarely run as we try to pass ourselves back into the game...

this pains me to think this way...last season I actually thought for sure we were going to win so many of those games only to get my little hopes crushed...I think I see the writing on the wall a little more clearly this time around...

7. glorify

glorify Starter

Remember our pass D was 28th or 29th last year. We didn't get a ton of tests against the Turds because we were in their backfield so much. Run D was 1st last year and looks great again.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when someone gets the ball downfield in the air against us.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You know who could do that... Billy Volek!

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

River, I am the same way. I think KC sucks and would rather see VY but I will root for whoever is in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar