What will/should linebackers group look like in '17?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanchamps, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

Woodyard, spence and williamson should all be kept. I would love to get Cunningham in the draft to start beside woodyard or williamson. I think he moves into the top 10 after the combine.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I would like to see us get Manti Te'o and draft Zach Cunningham to shore up the ILB. I know Te'o has been injured mostly at San Diego but he had a great year the year he wasn't and due to injuries should come cheap. Also he was a Heisman runner up and had 7 ints that year at Notre Dame. Maybe he could regain that form here under Lebeau. Him and Mariota would hit it off probably and we would have 2 Hawaiian leaders. One on offense and one on defense.

If not I was wondering if maybe Morgan could move to ILB kind of like Clay Matthews did for Green Bay if we were able to get a speed rusher like Garrett or Barnett. Someone coming fast off the edge is something we lack. Just a couple of thoughts though.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Everyone is suddenly overvaluing ILBs. You guys are going to be shocked when two or three of them go in the second.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Top 10 lbs so far and few between. We do however need a makeover in that position here.

5. ceeder

ceeder Starter

Need to re-sign Spence. I would let Bass and Palmer go. Bring in a good ILB.

ROLB - Orakpo/Wallace
    LOLB - Morgan/Dodd(healthy)
    MLB - Williamson/???/Woodward/Spence

If there are question marks around Dodd's health and Wallace only having a year under his belt, bring in a vet edge rusher to close out the group.

I don't want to use our firsts on an ILB. Prefer WR and CB. Will need to find the starter through free agency, most likely. Don't see the Pats letting Hightower walk and the Browns will pay whatever it takes to keep Collins after trading for him mid-season.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah we need to sure up our main weakness and get some FA vets in those other areas

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Williamson is decent at best and only a stud compared to the garbage ILBs we've had since he's been here. Keep him around since he's cheap, cut Woodyard. I'm good with signing Teo as he'll likely come cheap and hungry to prove himself. Low risk-high reward signing.

LB and DB are our weakest areas and all of us here know it. I can only hope that JRob does all he can to strengthen these groups in FA so that anything we get in the draft will be luxury picks.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I'm perfectly cool with them going Cb/S or WR/ILB early. We are desperate in those areas and we need athleticism and a spark. I don't know about you guys, but I am sick of getting burned by garbage QB's for 300+ every damn game. It needs to stop.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Word. I miss the days when our DBs would make picks that weren't gimmes thrown right to them with the occasional long distance pick-6! We haven't had a decent DB since Verner and Finnegan.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Yo seriously, yall gotta calm down on the ILB stuff. I would love Collins or Hightower but I won't be upset if we don't get them. Our current ones could probably be fine another year if we can re-sign spence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar