What will/should linebackers group look like in '17?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanchamps, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanchamps

titanchamps Starter

I like the sack production and run containment (for the most part) from the linebacking group. I'm curious to know what everyone thinks of Williamson as an every-down lb and play-caller, and how the group should be tweaked.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Two new starters at ILB, ideally.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

OLB: Morgan and Orakpo remain full time starters. Aaron Wallace and Kevin Dodd take a step forward. Bring in a vet OLB to push the young backups and replace David Bass.

ILB: must find a full time, 3 down ILB starter. Williamson and Woodward aren't getting it done in coverage. I'd think Williamson remains a full time starter, but we find a stud to turn Woodyard into a role player instead of an every down guy. Williamson calls the defense and seems like a good on field general. He's just limited athletically. Nate Palmer returns as the 4th ILB because he's a special teams ace.

4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

ILB is another growing weakness. Williamson is a very average player that doesnt make a ton of plays to warrant a locked starting position. Its a large reason why we have a pedestrian pass defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I want to see us try to move Wallace inside, I think he'd be very good there long term

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't believe Williamson is a liability, personally.

Ideally, we would have only one of AW/WW, since they are both the same type of player, but we need to find a guy with some coverage skills.

7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Hightower would honestly be an ideal DLB linebacker imo.

Collins would be alright too.

I'm not sure we get either though.

I don't wanna spend a 5 on Foster tho

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Woodyard to get cut because he's a ****ing idiot that ruined momentum against the Jags

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I'd keep Woodyard as a backup and full time special teams contributor that's it.

10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

reuben foster and williamson starting with woodyard and spence behind them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar