What will playing Vince do?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tex-titan, Oct 8, 2009.

?

What does playing Vince prove?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2009.
  1. Vince is awesome and will prove it from the first game.

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Vince will prove he just needed a little more time to develop.

22 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. I have no idea but I hate losing !

20 vote(s)
    29.9%
  4. Vince will prove he isn't any better than Kerry.

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. It will prove the Vince sucks and will never be a quality NFL QB.

11 vote(s)
    16.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

So what does everybody think right now?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

get kerry collins out of the starting lineup. isn't that enough?

3. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

No. We are still trying to win the Super Bowl this season. Getting Collins out right now would hurt the team. At least that's how Fisher see's it. :lol:

4. pettso

pettso Starter

I really don't know, but like most other Titans fans, I wanna see our "quarterback of the future" out there rather than someone who's gonna retire next year. We gave KC a chance to win the superbowl, he failed, time to see where we stand for next year and beyond...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i had another post that shows my opinion on this quite good.

get this guy [KC] off the field.

at four and 0 you take a gamble - and hope for 10/12 wins our of the remaining 12 games. i have a feeling we'll c a different young; not the one whining about losing or being benched.

no, i expect to see the young that fought off ramsey for the backup (in our system like collins, ramsey is ideal maybe not great but ideal), accepted the competition and was so good they actually cut him (D injuries played a part too but yeah). a more mature young, the one in the preseason that bounced back well from bad plays... the one that showed nice touch on passes, as well as a pass first mentality that will allow him to scramble again (D cant focus solely on the scramble, they will have to respect his pass).

more than that, hopefully like when vince replaced collins the first time or even when Collins re-took his spot a season later, the team rallied really well. we need to try this...its already worked twice, y not a 3rd?

put him in...i wanna c what we invested 50M in. this is where bud might come in handy - to enact change. and if he's not worth it, than thats 50M $ information.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I expect it will take him a good 4-5 games to show anything. He's been out a long time. And that is unfortunate because he will be judged prior to that.

I personally would like to;

A) Finally see him out there with a Telented TE, RB, and WR. Three things we did not have when he last took the field.

B) See more shotgun if not exclusively. We have a speed back. No reason not to take advantage of that.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

It would probably show us that we need to trade up in the 2010 Draft...

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Like Jamma said. Vince has been out for a loong time. I don't expect him to come in and light it up in his first game. t will take some time for him to get used to the speed again. Like i said, he is a rookie again.

9. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

It shouldn't be that huge of an adjustment. Every other backup quarterback also has to do it when they take over. Look at Kolb on Philly... Or Hill from the 49ers last year.

At worst I'd expect a bad first half or maybe first game, but then after that what you see is what you get.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

You cant trade up when you have the #1 overall pick

That said if we play him, at least its saying were trying to fix things, not complacent at 4-0, and we are trying to wake this team that is in a freaking daze up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar