What will Fish/F.O. do as far as another backup QB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans256, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:lol2:

I had forgotten that we had Martin

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Ingle Martin will surprise people. Even before Young got hurt, I was saying Fisher needs to activate Martin to the 53 man roster. If given a quality opportunity... Martin will have some fans routing for him to start.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Don't steal my Collins/Young scrambling jokes. With Collins, teams have to worry about the QB leaving the pocket.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Based on what? Heck, I went to school with the guy, but I'm not that biased... I wouldn't mind if we brought him in to kick a field goal if bironas got hurt though.

5. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Ingle had an 80yd td run in college. must have a good set of wheels. wouldn't mind seeing what he could do if it came down to it.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Martin I believe was clocked with the strongest arm at the combine edging out Cutler. He has the physical tools and is actually a decent punter and he does have some wheels. He didn't do much at GB and was released but he might be a decent developmental guy who can some day become a backup QB.

It might not be a bad idea to make Young the emergency QB Sunday meaning he doesn't count on the active roster and can only come in if the other QBs go down.

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Trust me on this... we need to activate him to the 53 man roster.

8. Kbvytenn5310

Kbvytenn5310 Guest

If he has a good understanding of the offense and playbook I don't see why Ingle couldn't be activated and given some playtime at some point. Of course not in place of Vince or anything but Collins is getting older and isn't all that great of a backup, why not give this guy a shot? He could be a solid backup for years to come if he gets some snaps and becomes familiar with our offence.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Trust you based on what? I watched Ingle personally in high school, and kept track of him through his patchy college career, and then watched him in green bay, what little there was to see. I talked to him right before training camp last year. Green Bay got rid of him because they determined that he was less likely to be successful than Aaron Rogers. When in the world has he shown you any reason that he could succeed in the NFL? I'm not going to just "trust you" on this. He'd be a waste of a roster spot, unless Vince is an absolute no-go.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

give the man a shot, hell we gave Collins a shot..

...and if we can groom a potential backup to Young for years to come then what have we lost, if he sucks.. then we'll find another FA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar