What will be the excuse this week for CJ? (Running game)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Oct 13, 2013.

?
  1. Open-field Speed Decline

13.3%
  2. Burst/Quickness Decline

30.0%
  3. Vision (not seeing holes/cutbacks)

43.3%
  4. Indecisive/Timid (not pressing hole)

36.7%
  5. Looking to Hit Home Run

16.7%
  6. Fear of Being Hit

16.7%
  7. Poor Blocking

63.3%
  8. Poor Coaching (from Crooms)

10.0%
  9. Poor Play-calling (from Loggains)

63.3%
  10. Tough/Stacked Run Defenses

46.7%
  11. No Passing Game (to take pressure off run game)

43.3%
  12. Other

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

very well could be but I don't put the entire blame on cj. He has played poorly this year more so than any other year but you can't run him in to a brick wall. Our play calling with run plays has been predictable and that falls on loggains. Our O-line has not helped cj and all good rb's run behind a good o line. That being said, CJ should be producing and I put some blame on him. I blame the entire offense, not just one person.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Other than 1 run yesterday, if CJ was touched, he was down. He doesn't even try it seems like to me. I also see some plays where 3 years ago, he would've turned the other direction and just out ran everyone and picked up 20 yards. That speed and ability is gone.

I really think if you put any other starting RB in the NFL on the Titans right now they would have a better average than CJ.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

The sea birds stacked the box with 12 players on D. F#$%$# ing B@stards! ANd those damn blind ass refs never called it!

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Only fair since this has a lot to do with Fitz's other faults showing strong.

We have a run game, Fitz doesn't have to do it himself and throw INTs as he will do.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm not sure what needs to be done to help the run game. Do you spread the field and run out of of that or do you go jumbo and try to power the ball?

I think we need to start throwing to the TEs more on early downs. Short passes to the flats off play action. Both Stevens and Walker have decent hands. Make the Lbers/safety start being more accountable for them.

We are all hoping that Shonn Greene gets healthy and has a positive impact on the run game.

No doubt the lack of running the ball consistently has killed Fitz. Playing teams that play vicious bump and run coverage has hurt the offense as well. Hopefully we can put it all together this week.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Lloyds of London

or is he as stupid as I think he is?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Even though he is doing a crappy job with the offensive line imagine the look or even the attitude this man would give if someone suggested he isn't doing a good job with the line.Especially considering he is a hall of fame offensive lineman but that doesn't mean it translates to coaching.I often wonder if Munch is afraid to approach some of his coaches like Matthews or Gray and suggest changes for fear that they might get angry.Even though both have done horrible at times they both look intimidating.Anyone ever wonder if our head coach is avoiding telling these coaches what they need to hear?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I love these non-JCB well thought out threads.

Yes the O-Line is playing poorly in critical situations 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1 but thats also on the play caller.

When 9/10 Titan fans can call whats coming, dont you think defensive coordinators know this too?

Come on Loggains, stop screwing around.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You can't blame CJ for the loss, but he def didn't help anything.

327 yards (3.1 YPC) & 0 rushing TDs in 6 games... for an "elite" runningback. Lets face it guys, i've been saying this for two years, CJ is done. He's an average runningback who gets nothing for multiple plays and hopes he breaks the big one. Thus far he hasn't broke the big one this year. We can't pay this guy what we do for this production. He'll likely eat up some of the scrub teams we play later this year and end up with 1000+ yards - hopefully ups his trade value enough to deal him (unlikely).

Cut/trade CJ and use the $$ to keep ATV, Pollard, and Pito. Please.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar