What was "The Plan"?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

The plan is to sign decently priced vets, that fill our needs, without breaking the bank. You have to remember mm8, lewan and conklin are our most important players and will cost us 40-50m combined in just a few years.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

I agree with most but I think Sims can take a step forward. I don't think CB is a must. I think we can wait till the third round and get someone.

I agree it was hightower or nothing. If we miss on him. I think foster will be the pick at 5. I hope we still take foster if hightower ever decides to sign with us.

I think the 18th pick should be a nose tackle. We have been needing one ever since we converted over to a 3-4. I would like a speedy receiver to take the top off. But our offense is designed to dink and dunk all the way down field.

3. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

You are aware in 2019/2020 and later when those contracts are up, with the salary cap increase and the current contracts on the roster,Titans are projected to have 130 million dollars in cap space.

So even if Mariota commands the biggest QB contract in history at like 25-30 million a year and Lewan gets 15, that's still 80 million free cap space.

What other building blocks on this team are gonna command pricey contracts? No need to sit on all this money.

And if this past draft class ends up with stud players, those contracts still have 3 full years. Not to mention Conklin will have an option.

So I don't buy that theory. I have think JRobs plan is to build depth through free agency and try and get your core pieces and future starters in the draft.

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I see 0% nose tackle at 18. They invested in it last year, cut Al Woods and just signed another big body to rotate.

I see us going ILB, WR, or the TE from Bama in the first round. Dude is a beast blocker, Delanie can work out of receiver position and excel. Personally hope we trade down a bit and pick up another picl.

5. iQon

iQon Starter

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Zack3000

I haven't kept up with the NFL prospects so if no nose tackle worth the 18th then yes I agree. But nose tackles and ILB is the main ingredients for a 3-4 defense to operate.

Ill get on board with a TE at 18 cause we are more of a two TE offense than 3WR.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Yeah you see any nose tackles worth 18 cause I don't? People get infatuated with a position and try to fulfill as soon as possible without considering the prospect. If there was a quality DT at 18 then sure but 2 down players are no longer placed on a pedestal in today's NFL it's why I'm glad we didn't give Williams 50+ million for being a two down run stuffer.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Zack3000

I haven't kept up with nfl prospects this year. If there is not one then no. I'm not calling for one at 18 no matter what. Lol. But we have been needing a nose tackle for a while now. I'm not wanting a 50 million nose tackle. I would be okay with drafting a nose tackle then after 4 years look for a replacement.

But a good nose tackle will stuff the running lanes and force the pass on 3rd down. I feel teams run up the middle on us cause we don't have that nose tackle.

Maybe austin can step up.but I don't think he seen the field very much last year.

9. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

oh they won't. Free Agency 2017 was a complete dumpster fire. No improvements have been made whatsoever to a mediocre team

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar