What type of system does Ruston want???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And Perry Fewell doesn't get hired because he's black.

Yes. I said it. BOOM TABOO!!!

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Obviously you need a decent QB either way. A RB can't carry a team to the play offs or SB without some good QB play along the way. With the exception being Indy, every other team ran the ball for nearly 200 yards. That's how you wear down a defense and set up the pass
    Sometimes you pass to make the team fear it, and run the ball. A consistent run game goes a long way.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Roman sounds like he'll be the Lions new HC.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Where did you hear that? I've heard that Whisenhunt is one of their top choices.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wonder if we switch to the 3-4.

I'm ready for a quick fresh restart. Get rid of CJ. Change to 3-4. New QB. New HC. Hell, lets get new jerseys. Build custom made offense for rookie QB, Wright, Hunter, Walker, and new RB. I know Ruston wants a grind it out run defense, but we have the passing weapons to switch to an air it out team. I think we need a balanced offense, similar to the Bengals. I know they got whooped, but we need a game managing/consistent QB w/ a strong run game.

I want that elite defense again. Put ZB inside, Ayers at OLB. Casey/Morgan/Klug/Pito at DE. We'd need to go out and find another OLB & MLB. Likely a NT, unless Sammie Lee can play that.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

To be fair though, the Chiefs lost their "playmaker RB" (who is ACTUALLY a playmaker, unlike ours) in the first 5 minutes of the game. If they had Charles I have no doubt they would have won that game.

You make a good point about the QBs though. I think we can all agree it's ideal to be able to do BOTH (run and pass) well.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I definitely think we need to make the switch to 3-4. We seem to have a good amount of the personnel for it.

8. amy

amy Starter

Run first philosophy is the hallmark of the Titans, isn't it? Fisher 'excelled' at it-sort of. And it appears that anyone associated with the Adams family lives in the past and no amount of urging will get them to adopt the present. My prediction is that we will be the same ole, same ole.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If webster just wants to ground and pound he sure has been drafting wr's early the last couple of years

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar