What to look out for in this weeks game...................against houston

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i still think he needs to enlighten us more. i am all fired up, especially after a bye!

2. Nine

Nine Starter

Huh-huh-huh....huh-huh.....Kimmy wants to see Vince Young's package......huh-huh-huh....

[​IMG]

"Come to Butthead....."

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

if we lose to the texans, i will come to the conclusion that the titans have no team omentum or major chemistry

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:applause:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man I was expecting Bipolar to be posting the B&B picture...looks liek you have a new apprentice.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And I thought you were BP's apprentice Gunny.....

"Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice."

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If anything Bipolar wants to be Gunny.

8. No, no... Gunny is Reynaldo's apprentice...

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

1. TEXANS O ON TITANS D...............

The play of Carr and AJ are bright spots for the Texans. AJ has taken the Z WR spot in the base Denver O and has responded to it well. Carr is getting rid of the ball quicker and being productive on roll outs but this has limited his opportunites in the vertical game. He has become a short throw QB and that is why his stats look good. He has yet to lead any comeback throwing the ball down field and the Texans O has not put any pressure on any other teams they have played. The Jags were completely inept on O and did nothing all day. I dont think it had much to do with the Texan D but with the Jags execution and poor play of Lefty. The Texans OL while statistically better still is sorely lacking talent. Eric Moulds is a very good WR and an upgrade to gaffney but his deep speed is now gone. His physical play however has to be accounted for. The Texan running game showed up for the first time last week but all yr long it has been an extremey poor producer for this offense. Much blame goes to injuries of DD but this is also where the OL has faltered. The Texans plan last week of using the pass game to set up the run was smart but one has to question why it took so long to go that route. AJ will be matched up with AJones the Titans best cover CB. He has played better this yr and has done a good job against most top WR with the exception of TGlenn. But he is still a liability at times for his tackling and his penalties and his consistency. Moulds will draw Hill another mismatch but the Texan OL does not match up well with the Titans DL. The Titans have always put heat on Carr and I expect the secondary to get help from a good rush. Chris Hope is playing at a probowl level and he wiull effectively help the run game but will limit the seams to Daniel.......... LT will roll coverage to AJ most likely and he is at best below avg. The biggest weakness on the Titans D is Sirmon and LT...............with the Texan running game the MLB may not get exposed but i think the Texans will go after Hill and LT. I expect big plays from the Texan pass game and not much else.

2. Titans O on the Texan D..............on the surface one would assume the Titans plan would be to run right at the Texans front 7. I think the Titans will look at tape and see the Texans pass D is very poor due to bad S play and below avg CB play. The Titans have not faced one pass D worse than that of the Texans. VY has made plays in the pass game when given the chance but he really has not been given the keys to O yet. I expect this week he will be. I think they will pass to set up the run by moving VY out of the pocket and put great stress on the Texan S. If the texans commit the S to the box or blitz off the edge they could be hurt by cut backs or VY on the edge. My bet is Kubiak plays it safe and has Ryans watch VY. I dont think the Texans have the horses to stop the Titans run game and I think the Titans have great matchups at WR and TE. The only question is will Chow let VY throw it? The strength of the Titans O has been the play of the OL since Stewart and Bell formed the new combo at LG and RT. Mike Roos has played elite DE's already and played extremely well. No one one the edge of the Texans D will be a difference maker. The Texans DE have not made plays and this is a matchup that strongly favors the Titans. I expect alot of big plays from the passing game. TH and LW will be very healthy for this game and so will the WR corp and TE. Givens returns for this game.

3. Coaching.......................Kubiak runs the Denver system and this system has been successful against the Titan D since 2000. I expect him to use Carr on boots and roll outs but the Titans OLB are both elite and may limit Kubiak to going to Moulds and AJ more than ususal. I think Kubiak would love to run it 40 times because this is a weak spot for the Fish D but I dont think he has the horses to expose Sirmon. The Titans DL has played quite well of late. Fisher knows what this game means to his QB and owner and he has has told VY he will be able to use the fuill playbook this week to attack this team. The bye week was very helpful in stallation plans for VY. VY came back early for this game plan and it has been in since Sunday.

4. ST........................The advantage here is again to the Titans. Mathis is out and Ajones and Bobby Wade are healthy. The Texans know first hand what AJones can do based upon last yrs games. AJ is a very avg CB to date but he is an elite ST player. His play has shown that. He has no picks but has TD's on ST to his credit. He got his first last yr against the Texans in a 13-10 win. Bironas has played lights out since getting to Nashville and Brown is a good FG kicker but his KO have been short for two yrs..................field position will be key all day.................Stanley must directional punt while Hentrich is amongst the best directional punters in the league...............weather calls for cold temps and wind................I expect ST to play a roll in this out come................

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

one thing, bell and stewart do not play next to each other, therefore they can not form a "new right side"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar