What to do?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by user44, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

the keyboard is mightier than the sword...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Ok. This will tick some people off I'm sure.
    Go get Young...and if we can't get 'em...jettison McNair.
    I love McNair, but some of this stuff I've been seeing lately...
    It's awful. Some of his passes are so off the mark I'm not even sure who he was throwing too. Sure, I can see the O line is horrible, and maybe I can blame the crap running game on it but I'm tired of McNair. McNair isn't going to do again what he has done before. It's time to move on...Unless we have Vince Young...then McNair can really help him.
    We need a linebacker. We need a safety. The DL is not that bad. They should spend some picks here and there but the point has been made that the last two draft classes have been large. Gotta have a QB, SS/FS, MLB and SPEND THE PICKS ON O LINE!!! (rookie or FA) ... just fix the dang O line and so much can come from that.

btw- getting rid of T. Henry is a bad idea.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ get rid of McNair for who?

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Gunny, I don't know. It's just that McNair has been making some horrible throws. He can't get it done. I want the "new" McNair...the "next" McNair...
    I don't have the answers. McNair will be back, don't worry. He will be in the best shape of his life.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

like last season.

I just didnt see your point on getting rid of McNair if we didnt get Vince Young.

6. Any rookie QB we bring in will need a mentor. He'll need to sit on the bench and learn for at least 1 year. Might as well keep McNair around long enough to teach him. Remember, the alternative is to bring in a veteran free agent, but then he's going to be spending his time learning the offense rather than mentoring (plus it won't be in his best interests to groom his sucessor).

The only way they can go out and add a young QB without needing a mentor and time to groom him is to trade for Rivers, who has already sat for 2 years.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We do not need another running QB. We need a guy that has a rifle of an arm, is accurate and can read defenses. I think the Rivers situation will be very interesting to watch if Mac decides to hang it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar