What to do, what to do, what to do....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think one could argue that Willie Parker and the Bus behind their OL is better than any RB combo we have behind ours. Plus I think a normal football fan would take Hines Ward, Plexiglass and Randle-el over any 3 WR's we have. Plus they have a top 5 D....we don't.

Added together...my point stands....Big Ben walked into an exceptional situation. We aren't even close to that!

Gut

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

And we didn't sign Arrignton or Law (yet) because neither are the player they WERE and they both want to be paid like still are. Players on the decline are not your number 1 priority when they want a zillion dollars.

If we push McNair out the door, how are we going to be winning in 07?

VY will have what...one year of experience at best? And that's IF he learns quickly and IF he pans out like we expect (hope) he will. That's a lot of risk to put on a player who's never even played a down in the NFL...not to mention the money we're gonna pay him.

If we're expecting to push for a wildcard in 07 and to win the vision in 08, what's the blue print for making that happen?

Gut

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What future do you have with McNair beyond '06?

If the Titans make a playoff run in '07, it'll be because the D played up to its talent and the team has a strong running game.

What are you suggesting the Titans do? They are bringing in vets with upside. They have a number of players on the roster who should be hitting the peaks of their careers by '08 and you have young talent entering the program.

4. You improve the running game, you improve the passing game, its quite simple. Last year we never got going on the run, mainly due to the D giving up points making us chase the game.

I guess improving the defense will be a strong priority going into pre-season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar