What to do...but do it soon!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H Man

H Man Guest

Back to your questions, Gut. Observing them over the years, I think Reese and Fisher have pretty well indicated their intended course with this "new found" cash. I think they've postured themselves to create a new core group, with enough funds in the bank for future tweaking. I don't expect any big name acquisitions this year, with the exception of maybe-maybe Kerry Collins (if you call him a big name).

Their free agent acquisitions to date have been strategically targeted above average players.

Kickers:
    #15 - Hentrich: Over the last couple of years, that boy has earned the right speak whenever he wants!
    # 2 - Bironas: Can still only speak when spoken to.
    note: Where's my kicker?

DB's:
    #21 - Hill: Love the kid's attitude and desire to excell.
    #32 - Jones: Good talent, lousy attitude and ethic.
    #28 - Thompson: Out of position, step late all year.
    #26 - Woolfolk: To date a role player, and injured.
    #24 - Hope: Stability, experience, winner, hope:)
    note: Tank was running in mud last year - one year removed from ACL. Hope is an upgrade to a healthy Tank. I don't really expect them to make another move here. If they do, strongest possibilities: Plummer, Law. Choice: Plummer - cost/age (albeit with injury history). Again, don't expect another move here.

LB's:
    #53 - Bulluck: 'nuf said.
    #59 - Sirmon: Like Tank, running in mud last year due to ACL. Defensive QB player/coach on field = smart player. *****ed a little bit about position change, but at last check, he's on the field working.
    #50 - Thorton: Speed baby...we need that big.
    note: probably set here.

DL:
    #93 - KVB: KVB
    #91,#98, #95 - OK boys, third year. I think Fisher said they've all "majored" into their respective roles. Code speak??
    #90 - Starks: Get it back.
    #92 - Haynesworth: Big butt. Stay on the field.
    note: DT probably set. Not too much available in FA at DE.

WR's:
    #83 - Bennett: years of timing work with Volek. It shows.
    #89 - Givens: Much the same thinking as the Hope acquisition.
    #87 - Calico: Like Sirmon and Tank, was one year out from knees...running in mud. Fisher said he's quietly making his move, has his legs back, and is catching the ball better. We'll see. Givens might get his # :)
    note: Three Amigos and O.J. Small...somehow went from nothing to crowded. Probably set here too.

OL:
    #71 - Roos: Coaches so far seem satisfied with his transition to LT.
    #70/#76 - Loper/Stewart: I don't have a clue here. I here #60 Bell is in the mix here as well. I thought he was more of a G/C. Munch should sort it out.
    #75 - Olson: Cost benefit analysis.
    #69 - Piller: Ditto.
    #68 - Mawae: Brought in the bad *** Cajun country boy to anchor the OL. Munch-like on the field.
    note: I could see a FA pick up at RT...mid level vet, at most.

and the...QB's:
    #7 - Volek: It's your time, Boy. Shine and stay healthy.
    #8 - Mauck: I guess.
    #10 - Young: A matter of time. Forcefield On!
    note: Maybe a vet...maybe. Can't see big bucks spent here this year, except on Young.

Recap: Maybe pick up another DB. Maybe a RT. Maybe a vet QB. None cap maxers.

Well Gut, there you go. That may all be a load of dribble, but that's how I read it so far. I think it highly likely that offseason developments this year have followed a blueprint set in place some time ago. The idea being to build a new core group of players, and make another run at the precious!!:winker:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldn't say Pacman has a lousy attitude and ethic on the field. He seems dedicated to coming into training fit (as proven over the last 2 years) and despite being a hothead on the field it is passion more then anything else.

3. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Yeah he will come around, trust me

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

At least Pacman ain't Chris Henry. Besides, while I agree his energy is misguided at times, it's whats eventually gonna make him great.

5. H Man

H Man Guest

I don't know Gunny. I'm thinking back to last year...punk on the field too...cussing the ref, getting benched, etc... I guess I'm just gettin' old or something. I don't have that much patience for no class, infintile punks. Everyone is expected to come in fit. The idea is to be there on time to learn. That being said, I do hope he matures. He does have some awesome talent.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd rather a hot head then one who doesnt care.

7. H Man

H Man Guest

I hear you. So do I. I'd just like to see a dash of humility. Exactly how many picks did he get last year? Production just seems a little out of balance with his ego.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

How many touchdowns did he score? 3 (1 counted, 1 was a penalty, and 1 was the stupidest call I've ever seen.) Now he's gotta start snaggin passes. I expect him to greatly improve this year.

9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Ive heard alot about us cutting Sirmon due to his high salary.. what is the point when we have this new money and only have a rookie backing him up and he is one of the brains on the defensivie side of the ball

10. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Somebody help me understand this talk of bringing in Kerry Collins? He's spent his whole career as a so-so QB....and for for the most part a loser. How well Volek will do...I guess we'll see. But I love the guys attitude and work ethic. He know the guys and the system. He's been loyal. (you don't see that too much in the NFL)

I can't see anyway we help ourselves by bringing a guy who may not be any better that Volek, at the same time spending money better spent at another position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar