What Titans player has a breakout year this season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I think Ayers will be one of them, we have a history of linebackers breaking out.

Rocky Boiman
    Rocky Calmus
    Gerald McRath
    Ryan Fowler
    Stephen Tulloch
    Peter Sirmon

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Jared Cook
    Jason Jones (if he stays healthy he'll exceed even current expectations)
    Derrick Morgan
    Damien Williams
    Kenny Britt (stays out of trouble when season starts and stays on the field)
    Harper (becomes change of pace back who can spread the defense in 2 back formations)

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

My list as well, along with Locker

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Huh? The only linebackers to break out on that list are Tulloch and maybe Sirmon.

However, I think Ayers and Morgan are going to break out simply because they will see plenty of playing time. I honestly think that our defense is going to be really effective this year. If we can pick up some depth on the line and have someone replace Hope, we are not that far away from a stout defense. Just age.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Boiman was good in 03 when he got playing time because of injures. Same with Calmus. McRath looked like he was going to be our next great linebacker his rookie year. And Fowler more than overachieved his first year with us, considering he went from a special teams player to starter.

I didn't mean it like they turned into bona fide superstars if that's what you thought I meant. I meant it like they all came out of nowhere and unexpectedly had at least one good year/partial year.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How does Ayres have a breakout season when he hasn't played in the NFL?

7. bkellyusa

bkellyusa Camp Fodder

My vote is for Derrick Morgan, Mark Marianni, Akeem Akers.

A personal favorite of mine would be to see Stefan Johnson do well.

Truthfully I think there are a lot of players on the Titans team who could realy show well this year. We will see.

I also hope very much that we will keep Jason Babin.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Eww.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If you're going to pick a player to have a "breakout" season, he's got to be someone who can play close to all 16 games. For that reason I am a little leery of picking any of our D-Linemen. Jason Jones & Derrick Morgan both feel like the right picks, but the guy I'm going with is Jared Cook. New offensive coordinator Chris Palmer said he'd very much like to get Cook more involved, and why wouldn't he.. In Cooks last 3 games he accumulated 15 catches for just under 200 yards, that's more than he had in weeks 1-14 COMBINED! Cook looks like he could become a beast if given the opportunity. He's also able to stay healthy, that may be because he's used sparingly, but either way, he's been there. At 6'5" 246 and running a 4.4 40-yard time, he's GOT to get more looks.

My prediction for Cook in 2011 will be 60+ catches for close to 800 yards and 9 TD's.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The same way last years rookie 4th round pick Alterraun Verner had 101 tackles and 3 INT's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar