What the Titans need with 40 mill in cap space

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO we could get a S off the street to "push" LT IMO. I suspected Fuller wasn't 100% and that was the reason we haven't seen as much of him. If we win a few more games this year we might be looking for a S in the first round of the draft. The kid from LSU might be a nice pickup.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We have enuff thugs to steal some more cap space.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i think there is an excellent chance that we lose over 35 % of the roster next yr.................I also think that we will lose Henry and Brown...........AH and AJones................the latest is the team may really look to reshape themselves next yr..................with trades and cap room. I have heard that there is real concern about giving Henry a new deal with him being a strike away considering that VY really needs a strong run game to develop....................bringing in a vet RB like Taylor or Green on a two yr deal ..................also McGahee maybe free too............he is said to want out and wants no part of Buffalo.......to keep him they would have to tag him and I dotn know if they will do it.....................Greg and Shaun Ellis are out there too at DE and Adalius Thomas fits a 3-4 mold great but he has also played a 4-3 end and did it well.........................so is Nate Clemments.......................there will also be quite a few players let go from teams that one might not expect for cap reasons......................Mike Williams and Ricky Williams Dom Davis and even Robaire Smith are on that list........................Chris Samuels and Jon Jansen too are rumored to be out in Wash...................................

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

normally there is about a 25% roster change, so 35% is not a stretch.

and why would robaire be released for cap reasons? every indication was we were willing to give albert an extension, and now with this whole stomping thing it looks like we wont. that would easily open up robaire for an extension.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Robaire wants to test the market once again..............he hit the lottery once and he knows the Titans wont offer him a deal like he got from Houston....................Somebody else might and he wants the chance..............the Titans tried to get him to sign a new deal the last two weeks and they were rebuffed.

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I would offer Robaire a 4yr 10-12 Million deal . It is possible that he could get 50% more than that on the market though...

I hope someone doesn't give him another king's ransome...

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, we've got to keep at least a couple DTs on the team. Mahelona is here to stay, but long will be coming back from injury, and I don't think starks is in the best standing with the domestic issues. I think we'll keep one or the other of Albert or Smith.

I just hope we get a DL guy either in the draft or FA who can really help make a difference. A stronger Dline helps defense SO Much!

8. He'd probably get twice that much on the open market...

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I wondered about Mike Williams (DET)...I thought maybe he might be cast off from up there real soon and then maybe Norm doesn't have to stand up and pound the desk so much.

Maybe the USC connection can spark us a little.

10. jagsontherise

jagsontherise Camp Fodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar