What the Titans need with 40 mill in cap space

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i like LW alot................but he needs to get serious about his job................as for other guys..............I hear Greg Ellis and Shaun Ellis may be shown the door in 07..............both guys are DE that are best suited in a 4-3 but are being asked to play OLB...............in a 3-4...................they could be causualties.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Looks may be deceptive but LW will need to have a monster off season if he's to become anything close to an RB who can take the load. I don't think he shown yet he can be durable which means the Titans have to sign Henry or Brown or look for a reliable third-down RB.

3. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

He went 3 years in USC without any big injuries. I think if we can drool over Adrian Peterson, who has had at leaste two major injuries in his time at OU, then we shouldn't be worrying about LenDale's durability. We should get that out of the way this year and just set a game aside where he can "be the man".

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Why isn't "Give Avvie a loan" on that list?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He also didn't take the load at USC. Since being drafted with the hammy, he's had various smaller issues in camp and during the season (ankle) that has limited him. Just looking at him, I'm not convinced he is physically able to take the punishment of 25+ carries a game.

And I am not among those who would risk Peterson with an early first.

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

The only way to find out is to try him for a game. I don't know what you mean by his physical looks, he seems to be at a comfortable weight. And he even surprised me with his bursts of speed when he got the touch.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

can someone please explain to me why they do not feel Corner is our most pressing need ?

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

because hill is still young... we have a few young guys with talent. corners dont always just take off in this league. and you can usually help a corner a little without giving too much else on the defense.

really i guess its matter of opinion of what our biggest need is.

some think corner
    some think WR
    some think safety
    some think d-line

i would rather have a probowler at any of those instead of a corner
    probowl DE gets pressure on the QB... allowing a bad corner to look better.
    a great safety that can cover alot of space can make up for a lower level corner a bit.
    and a great WR could open up our offense like we havent seen since the 80's

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and who's gonna start opposite Hill ?
    seriously ... we need 2 .... not just one

unless the boy makes a DRASTIC change in behavior, I would bet against Adam Jones being a Titan in '08

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

well maybe.. but pac's here for now. you dont go out to find his replacement before we decide if he's still here. if he's gone in 08... then we have next years draft and free agency to replace him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar