What the Titans need with 40 mill in cap space

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRob

BigRob Guest

I love Adalius Thomas as well, but he is already 8 years into his career. Don't spend big cap money on a player on the back half of his career. Plus, you will pay through the nose because of his versatility. All of the 3-4 teams are going to be gunning for him along with any 4-3 teams that need LB and Pass Rushing help.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ginn runs latterally too much trying to break the big one. he'll get clobbered in the nfl doing that. give calvin johnson troy smith and see how much better his stats are.

you've been saying this the past few week and i dont get it. bennett is gone after this season. givens has shown nothing. brandon jones, as much as i love him, hasnt shown he can stay healthy. wade has never been more than a #3 and williams and roby are nothing more than bodies.

our problem the past 4 or 5 years has been we havent had a game breaker at WR. someone who can get big chunks on drives. it's hard to go 70-80 yards a drive when it takes 12-15 plays.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Mario Manningham of Michigan has hands, size, and speed!
    I also like the S from Notre Dame with the wierd name. The one who boxes. He is one bad dude. Lets get him in the 2nd.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think Manningham is a soph.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If we can just sign Freeney, we can compete next year. We don't really NEED to draft a wr, but we don't have THAT many holes. IMO, take the best player available in the first round, and if we finish the year badly, that could very well be CJ. What we really need is a guard, center, FS (1st or 2nd round please), MLB, backup QB (free agency), and another CB. Center and guard can be had anywhere in the middle rounds. MLB and FS should be priorities for the first 3 rounds, but if there is someone on the board who is a special player, we definately don't pass on him just because we don't need him. If we can't get Freeney, we'll need to probably use our first rounder at that position to get a difference maker. I'm still not sold on any of the prospects at this point...

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Solidify the D immediatey with the money & we can be back as a contender in one swift offseason.

Defence wins games, the O is developing okay as it is. Altough you can never have too many good linemen they need to be drafted. Free agent OL cost the earth.

7. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Ted Ginn is not the best WR on his own team. I like Gonzales a lot. Ginn does have great speed, though. The best WR is either Johnson or Jarrett. The Titans should draft neither of them. Other needs, such as DL, DB, and OL are far more pressing. RB is far from a need. Lendale and Henry are very good.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Henry is one game away from a season long suspension. Chris Brown will be gone. Do you want Lendale "I pulled my hamstring getting out of bed" White as your only decent option? Neither do I.

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Fragile Fred will be a FA too next yr..................and I bet he would come cheap.................

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Alright, Ill be anyonbe that once Lendale White gets going as a starter and gets enough touches, he becomes a straight up monster, just like he was at USC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar