What the Titans need with 40 mill in cap space

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Can I have some of what you're smoking? Calvin Johnson is the better receiver without question. Ginn is a good receiver with great speed, but speed is greatly overestimated in the NFL, what you need is incredible hands. And we already have plenty of guys on the roster who can do returns very well.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

We need two monsters...one for the Dline and one for MLB. I want an MLB that is a head hunter...that plays better when his shoulder is separated kind of guy. Peter is going the way of all slow white guys in sports....smarts doesn't keep up with physical abilities in this game.

Go get a CB and SS in FA if possible. May have to draft a WR because I do think we need a tall, fast and strong guy like AZ's Fitzgerald or Bouldin. Would love to have one of those guys.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think you have to spend money getting a stud CB. Insurance for Pac.

We will know if RB is a need by how White does late in the season and if we restructure Henry.

If you have a chance to get a true #1 WR like Johnson then you do it. He will improve the running game by forcing the double team. VY is never going to be a Manning type of QB with awesome timing/accuracy thus a bigger more physical WR with great hands to snag the ball out of frame is what he needs.

I hope that Tulloch proves to be a stud MLB.

This draft is going to be the best safety draft in yrs and since safeties are undervalued they tend to fall some. Thus a good one will be on the board in the early 2nd and most likely early 3rd.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If the Titans do not make a serious offer for Freeney then Reese deserves to be fired for that alone. Got to offer at least enough to ensure he leaves the AFCS northern border town.

#90 Camp Fodder

No mention of an O-Line.....I'd like to protect our investment and open holes in the running game. If we control time of posession, our D won't need all the upgrades.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I wouldn't care if we spent every first round pick on defense in the draft.
    Just pick the most dominating S, LB, CB, DT or DE available and don't worry about "filling needs". We need studs not just bodies taking up postions.
    It is about time we built a dominating defense and considering our QB of the future and the desire to run the ball we could use some OL but Reese has shown he can get some of those gems in the 4th and 5th round and we already have our LT.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Agreed.

Tulluck might or might not be good, but I want a beast at MLB and safties who bring some pain with their tackles.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Our O-line is not looking bad for the future, unless Amano is going to be the starting C when Mawae retires, we need to start looking for one to groom. Other than that we need another G to compliment Bell. I think Roos and Stewart are going to be good at the tackles. All in all something to be adressed in rounds 3-7.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

O-line, D-line and a kick A blocking back (not sold on Hall yet.)

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I want Adalius Thomas...he is so versitile, we could play him at DE, LB or S...

I'd also have my eye out for Jared Allen or Freeney or Lance Briggs...

And I am not in favor of drafting a WR in the 1st round...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar