What the Titans need to do NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The Titans need to make changes for now and the future.

What to do NOW...

These players should be traded now...if they can get something for them.

KVB to Cincy. They just lost Odom for the year. We're not keeping him anyway and he's better than anyone they can pick up. Also, Odom has been excellent since going from the Titans, maybe KVB will be reborn with a change of scenery (or leaving a sinking ship). 4th rnd and maybe conditionally bumped to a 3rd if he reaches certain incentives (Sacks/Playing time).

Senderrick Marks or Jovan Haye to the Jets. The Jets just lost Jenkins for the year and can use some help. Haye would help tie up double teams or Marks would be a future investment and backup minutes. Perhaps we could trade Marks for Gholston. If we could get a 4th for Haye I'd be happy.

Lendale White to the Giants. The Giants can't figure out what's wrong with Jacobs and need a bruising back. White is in good shape. White could go many places, but this is one example. If we could get a 3rd for White I send him.

Scaife - Also has a lot of potential targets. look at how well Shockey has helped the Saints and Gonzalez has helped Atlanta. We don't need him but the Eagles sure could. Again, I'd look for a 3rd or a player or a combination. We could also use McNabb, but that's another thread.

If anyone wants Mawae or Crumpler, I'd trade them each for a 5th rnd pick right now Harper for a 4th.

These players have some value to us now, but won't have any or little value in the future with a couple of exceptions.

Some may say trading KVB away would signal to the team that the season is over. YES - exactly. And if you wanna keep your job, you better fight for it.

Point is, we can do without these players as they all have replacements currently on the roster - at least for the rest of the year. If we let them go in free agency, we are wasting them as commodities as the best we can get from them are compensatory picks and terrible ones at that. There are teams that have needs and the front office should be able to find some common ground on price that benefits both sides.

BTW, I would also include Hope on the list to be shopped if someone is willing to ante up. The Giants may need some safety help too!

Our new starters would look like this...
    Offense
    QB - Vince Young, Collins
    RB - CJ, <White>,Ringer
    FB - Hall
    LT - Roos
    LG - Amano
    RG - Harris, <Mawae>
    RT - Stewart
    TE - <Scaife>, <Crumpler>, Cook, Stevens
    WR - Gage, Washington
    WR - Britt

Defense
    RDE - Ford, Ball, <KVB>
    DT - JJones, Vickerson
    DT - Tbrown, <Haye>, <Marks>
    LDE - Haye, Ball
    ROLB - Bulluck
    MLB - Tulloch
    LOLB - Thornton
    CB - Finnegan, McCourty
    CB - Mouton, McCourty, <Harper>
    NB - Fuller, Mouton
    FS - Griffin
    SS - Fuller, <Hope>

Trading deadline is 4pm...get some picks and let's go to work!!!

Gut

2. AH3

AH3 Rookie

We'll see what happens, I doubt much will though. I agree with your list for the most part. I'd love for us to switch to a 3-4 next season- it seems like a popular formation that's been successful so far. We could grab Merriman in FA, trade away Hope for a pick/LB, move Jones to a DE, and draft Berry. And we really should trade Bulluck since he probably won't stay next year anyway (which I don't like, but I don't see us paying him enough).

3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Nobody wants a player sporting an Oiler's or Titan's jersey right now. I'm afraid if we were able to pull off a trade, that we wouldn't get much in return.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see anyone willing to give up much for KVB who seems to be no where close to where he was pre-injury. Why give up a second-round rookie or Haye when they've just been brought in? Marks doesn't have the experience and Haye needs to stay around because Brown may be gone next season.

I can agree with Harper but he's damaged goods and may be not close to 100% for a while. No one is going to give up anything for Amano, Mawae, Kearse, etc.

Scaife has value but he's not looked anything close to the player he was the first half of last season. Bulluck would have value but I think the Titans may want to keep him.

The only other future UFAs with value out there is Tony Brown and Tulloch and the Titans need both to re-sign.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm almost all for what your saying Gut. Except to the White trade (he did however just get a new agent in Drew Rosenhaus), and also Hope. I hope we keep Hope. Is 4pm EST and nothings been announced.

6. tnyou

tnyou Guest

what a boring trade deadline day.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.
    No. No. No.

8. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

Bud Adams needs to sell the team. He has always been a joke as an owner.

It's coming full circle people of Nashville.

2 - 14 seasons are coming!

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What does Bud Adams have to do with this?

10. iQon

iQon Starter

A fire sale wouldn't work. Chris Johnson is the only player of value that we have.

I wouldn't mind the White to NYG scenario though. For nothing. He's worthless and would ruin their season with his epic 1 yard runs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar