What should we do for MLB next year!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanduck77, Apr 11, 2006.

?
  1. Release Sirmon

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Keep Sirmon, move to MLB

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Keep Sirmon at LOLB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Keep Sirmon as backup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Switch to a 3-4 D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Draft Dwell Jackson

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  7. Draf Adbul Hodge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sign Nick Greisen

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  9. Sign someone else (if so who)

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. wait and draft Ahmad Brooks Later

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so we spend another one of our draft picks on a position at which we have a starter and capable starter?

if anything, we needed a playmaking WR(david givens).

if we draft anyone but d'qwell, it should be charles spencer. i think he would automatically make out running game better.

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Sirmon's had an extra year to get over his knee problem which they say is about how long it takes to fully recover. I don't have any quarells about keeping him and moving him to the middle where he has to run less. He's the smartest guy we have out there and if his rocovery has gone well than I'd be happy keeping him.

3. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

We like Maroney and Addai. If neither is there D'qwell would be a good pick, but I think Dobbins, in the 4th or 5th round, out of Iowa State is a steal and lessons a LB at two. The OL is a position we either take in the first round or groom a late pick. :beer: :beer:

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

After rereading my post, I want everyone to realize that I am for keeping Sirmon this year along with drafting Jackson. This would give Jackson a chance to learn the defense before playing full time. It would also give Sirmon a chance bring his stock up before his contract runs out. At the end of the year, we let him walk and Jackson plays MLB for the next 13 years.

However, it was said last week that we have only 462K (around that number) in cap space. If this is the case, I think we'll see Sirmon and maybe Piller cut after the draft.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This will go on up til the draft. If a better player of need is there in the 2nd, like Addai, or an unpassable-uppable lineman, there's the pick, and we'll probably sign Griesen.

Wplatham, I like the idea of keeping both Jackson and Sirmon, but if we keep Steve, Sirmon's gone for the money we'll need. Even if we redo #9's deal, we'll probably need more money.

No one's moving on Griesen, so he must be waiting to see what we do - not that he has much of a choice probably.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree, and think if we can either get Addai in the 2nd, or trade up for Williams or Maroney, it just might happen.

In that case, MLB on day two. Dobbins, Wilkerson, if available, etc.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think we will get Joseph 'Moses' Addai if he is there, we already have 2 Running Backs, I dont think there is a need for a 3rd considering the need for other positions.

8. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

If the rumor is true...

We could Bring back Rocky Calmus! :lol:

Wait, that's really not funny, I could see it happening...

Me, I like the idea of signing Greisen, but I wonder about his cost, I actually figured it'd get done by now...

As Much as I like the Linebacker position with our second round pick in this draft, I'd rather be able to take the best player available... there may really be some superstars available, and I'd hate to just draft need in that situation...

9. Who else is a potential superstar in the 2nd round and later rounds anyway

10. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

ya the only position that i would think about taking in the 2nd is a lb, rb(lendal white), or a Tackle. I dont see why people think we need a safety!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar