What Should Titans Do at QB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 15, 2014.

?
  1. Draft a QB

62.5%
  2. Sign a Solid Free Agent QB

9.7%
  3. Fix What We Have, Locker can be the Guy

27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If the Titans don't think Locker is the guy then draft a QB in the 1st round and one in the later rounds. You never know how those later rounds QB's will turn out (IE Brady)

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All Jake Locker has to do to be an NFL legend is play bop-it while he rehabs his foot. That dumb little game will teach you how to channel your feelings into a productive way.

Wasnt his biggest issue is he gets too hyped up before games.......

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I am still on the fence about Locker myself. Against weak teams, he looked good. But does anyone remember the 49ers game? He played the whole game and we did nothing. He got like one TD at the end of the game. 9ers shut us down, and they are the kind of team we would have to be able to beat if we ever want to make it back to another Super Bowl.

Games like that where injury had nothing to do with how he played make me think Locker is never going to be the guy and the sooner we figure that out, the better. But for now he is cheaper than cutting so we wait one more year.

4. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

If one of the top 4 qb prospects falls to us I think it's a no brainer we draft a qb in the first.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Defensive playmaker Round 1
    Quartetback Round 2 (Tajh Boyd, Jimmy G)

Dont reach on a QB though

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

True, but if one of the top 3 falls, (Manziel, Bortles or Bridgewater) we have to take one of them, otherwise we can wait. But if Bridgewater falls to 8, I think we should consider trading up.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Unless Bortles, Bridgewater & Manziel falls to 11, no way I'd draft a Qb round 1. Defensive play maker preferably.

Sounds like we all think Locker deserves another shot, with a mid round Qb playing behind him.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I just don't see Whisenhunt taking this job under the condition that he's handcuffed to Locker. I'd bet Ruston gave him free reign at the QB position and that almost undoubtedly means we will either sign Vick or McCown, trade for Schaub or Cousins, or draft his guy.

9. VOLS_n_TITANS

VOLS_n_TITANS Rookie

I say I hope Webster and whisenhunt go look at Derek carr from Fresno State just think what he can do with that quarterback,Maybe....

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Locker is at a big disadvantage here, depending on how long his recovery is. It will be a whole new system he'll have to learn and get a feel for. If we land bortles, jimmy g., etc. I can see them pushing hard to be the starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar