What should the Titans do about CJ's contract?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, May 7, 2010.

?

Who is right?

Poll closed Jun 6, 2010.
  1. CJ has the right to break his legal contract.

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Management should never show good faith and start negotiations with a high performing employee.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Both are wrong and need to change what they are doing now

23 vote(s)
    69.7%
  4. Both are right and should continue to ignore what's best for the team.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

My usual response would be let me see him come close to that again and then I would pay him. Tha being said, I find this way too amusing. The titans have lendale white in the best shape of his life and then refuse to put him on the field in more than a few bit roles. They made this monster so now the dumb arses have to feed it. You could've had a very good year from CJ without doing what they did and he likely wouldve been in camp right now if you would've given lendale even 35percent of the carries but they didn't. Would he have broke 2k yards this way no but that doesn't seem to have been such q great idea for that to have happened now does it? Meanwhile, you don't hear anybody on the oline talking about how they should have a raise for creating holes for him but I guess in cj's mind an offseason of everyone telling you how great you are would probably make you forget that you didn't do that all by yourself. So I'm guessing they feed the monster but they should say you signed the contract now honor it for at least another year.

2. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Shocked by the #s voting that anyone has the right to break a contract. Liberalism!

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans signed him cheap for a few years, now when that time it up they should place the franchise tag on him a couple seasons. By that time he will have lost some of that speed and we could trade him off like we do everyone else.

Only Mason was able to go to another team and produce. everyone else seems to be done when the Titans no longer wish to keep them.

Sorry CJ, this is the Titans, some other team will make you rich in a few years after you put in your best years as a Titan.

4. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Stupid? I'm talking a logical trade and CJ for Peterson is nowhere near a logical trade you would be trading one rb with an I just came off a 2000 yard season ego for another rb with an I survived a near fatal neck injury in college I'm unstoppable ego which is even more volatile plus Minnesota would never trade AP even if it was for CJ. I would trade CJ to the Lions for Calvin Johnson, the best defensive player who's name isn't Suh and a first round pick and be done with it. Or better yet this may be a mortal sin but use CJ to rebuild our D-Line:

Chris Johnson to the Texans for Mario Williams or Demeco Ryans, and two 1st round picks

5. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

No there are not many options where getting rid of CJ would be a smart decision at the stand point of trading him to an NFC team, but if it comes down to trading him as the only option and the only takers are within the AFC I would work a deal that would put us in line for a super bowl dynasty while at the same time turning the team we trade CJ to into the Cleveland Browns overnight

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Three reasons to get an increase:

1) Time spent with the organization ( experience )
    2) Add Value or Product to the organization ( Production )
    3) You add knowlege to the organization( Education )

CJ has added value and product. Time to get paid. Contracts mean little to both sides. It's essentially workmen's comp. That's it. CJ deserves to be paid for the player he turned into.

7. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Fixed

:p

8. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

Hopefully you don't honestly think they would trade one of those players for cj, let alone both and picks.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

:ha::lol::makefun:
    How about how we three and outed so quickly and didn't give them time to rest. Scoring TD's in any fashion has never been the detriment of any football team in the history of the game. We were 16th in scoring....too many quick TDs definitely wasn't the problem. The reason our defense was gassed and burned is because if CJ didn't break one then we were punting the ball within 5 plays and they were back out there with the same score. Bringing in VY added about 6 minutes a game to our TOP and our D did considerably better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I said AP + 2 first round picks and you think that's stupid? Sorry... that's a solid trade.

You're the one who wants to give up CJ for a guy who hasn't played a single down in the NFL plus a loser CB. That's stupid.

CJ to the Texans for Mario Williams or Demeco Ryans and first 2 round picks is better than the first idea you had, but it's still not favorable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar