Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What should the media be asking Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Moolah:
    $27
    Coach, are you aware that your opponents call their third down conversions "third and Reynaldo"?
    • Staff / Moderator

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,725
    Coach...is there any truth to the rumor that you have been in contract negotiations with Les Steckel?
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    :ha:
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $20,478
    How can any QB run the offense given the personnel shortcommings?

Has Lamont Thompson ever gotten past the first round of musical chairs?
    • Staff / Moderator

Broken Record Biscuit Eater

Stewart
    Moolah:
    $299
    Ding ding!! That's the one I want to hear.
  2. nigel Back on the bus

Moolah:
    $31
    Post of the day, easily.
  3. The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Moolah:
    $0
    Gunny, are you watching this? Sigh, here goes. Lamont isn't the problem. I think people focus on Lamont because he's so obvious in television shots with his dreds flying, chasing down someone.

If you look at the plays, 99% of the time, the players shouldn't even have gotten as far as Lamont having to run him down. In most cases, at least Lamont ran the guy down and prevented the TD. A player has to make it past the line of scrimmage, which would be the D-line, then the linebackers, and if they make it past the linebackers, it's an open field. Do you realize how difficult it is to take a guy down who has hit his stride in the open field? If it's a pass play, Lamont is backing up Rey, which is a daunting task, in itself (sorry Gunny, and you know I love Rey).

If you get a chance to really listen when the Titans are on defense, pay attention and you will see that it is Lamont who is calling defensive plays and schemes to the rest of the back field D. Lamont is far from the problem on D.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,035

lol I'm playing damage control for Rey I can't bother putting down Lamont.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,520
    SPIN, young Aussie!! Spin like the wind!!!
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,525
    you watched a different game than i did. his problems are the same every game. he's late getting where he needs to be. he misses tackles when he gets there. he continually gets beat deep when he's the deep safety. he bit on a pump fake by a WIDE RECEIVER after he crossed the line of scrimmage. i didnt even get mad at that play, i just laughed.

he's not THE problem on D, but he's one of the biggest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.