What round would you draft McElroy ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Daves not here, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I would love to see us take Ponder in round 2, and McElroy in round 5 or later. I wouldn't like McElroy as the only QB we draft, but if we take him to come in as competition, his leadership and smarts would be an asset.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

^this

McElroy can't be the only QB we take. It's pretty much 100% we draft a QB in either round 1 or 2 so it just depends if the team wants to draft 2, if so, how highly rated is McElroy on their board.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes.

And he was the weakest link on the team. As I said... the team won despite having a QB that isn't very good.

McElroy brings nothing to the table that any washed up veteran journeyman QB does.

I'd take Jon Kitna over McElroy.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

A little like Vince Young huh?

5. The Playmaker

He was never asked to do anything in 2009. Bama had a top defense, great running game, and a very good line. It was also his first year starting and that first year is tough for most SEC QB's. Bama never asks their QB's for much and they hardly ever have a QB that they let gun it out or whatever. It's a very conservative offense.

He threw the ball 18 times against UF and just 11 against Texas.

6. tntowboater

tntowboater Camp Fodder

thats just how it is said in the south.

i have known many mcelroy's and they all pronounced the same as him. including prominent lawyers and business men.. i got one thing for "yankee go home"

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, maybe it's the people as a whole that butcher the english language rather than just him.

But McElroy definitely doesn't spell "Mackalroy".

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcelroy played on a loaded team. First team all SEC RB and WR. 2 alabama OL were first team all sec and one was second team all sec.

So he had a great line and great skill players.

He has decent size, he has an ok arm with good accuracy. He is very smart. He would not be a project. He has backup NFL talent.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is the same Duece, aka the duke, aka gloat who said that Mendenhall looked too slow to be a good NFL back and the same Duce, aka the duke, aka gloat who said that Ray rice "looked like he was running up hill".

He makes no effort to pepper his opinions with stats, antedotes or anything worthy of respect.

He is more concerned about how some guy says his name.

We will see a couple of years from now if he is right r not but my guess is that he will be wrong 75%. He hates Cam Newton and terrelle Pryor. Doesn't like Kaepernick either. We will see.

10. The Playmaker

1. Dareus
    2. Kaepernick
    3. Safety
    4. LB
    5. OG/C
    6. McElroy
    7. TE/WR

Throw in some comp. picks.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar