What QB Would Be Best To Bring In To Play And Mentor Locker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

McNabb, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. The more I think about it, the less I mind KFC for 1 more year. I still cringe at the thought though.

Absolutely not Orton. I've seen a lot of this guy (not just the highlights and the stats) and he's a choke artist. It won't happen anyway, fortunately. He was crying about Tebow starting in his place, there's no way he'd be down to be a stopgap until it was Locker's time.

McNabb would be my top pick, even if it's a bit far fetched. Seems like he has the most comparable playing style to Locker and he probably has the most left in the tank of the available vet QBs.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Not to mention he acted like a big baby and cried about the Titans being dirty last season. DO NOT WANT.

His style is indeed comparable to Locker's. But I don't see him as being an ideal mentor. A) I don't think he's very interested in a mentoring role at this point in his career. I think he wants to go somewhere where he knows he's got a solid hold on the job. And B) McNabb isn't exactly known for his work ethic. Probably not the kind of guy you want your 'QB of the Future' looking up to.

I really don't see McNabb wanting to go to a team that just drafted a QB in the 1st round anyway so the discussion is probably moot.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I say let KFC finish up his career here, and let him fade out. He seems like a very nice person despite his checkered past, and took it upon himself to help flood victims. My friend who went down to Nashville worked with him down there. He didn't just go there for a photo-op, he went to help. He is good for the city, and he knows the playbook. Is he top 10, absolutely not. But neither is anyone else available, and Collins has the familiarity.

4. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

Hasselbeck or Collins. I feel with the right off-season moves, Hass can really benefit from the talent around him on offense and we can compete for the division or at least a wild card spot.

Don't feel the same way about KFC. He can still be solid, but post-season hopes diminish with him as the #1 guy.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think we are talking about two different things here. Who's going to start and who's going to mentor the kid.

For a mentor, I want someone who has won a superbowl. I think Hasselback would be a good teacher, but he never won big. So I prefer brining in someone like Aikman for a week or two who can teach him what it takes to win with a good running game.

For our quarterback, and a mentor, I like Hasselback best because his whole family talks football and like the way they talk it. But I think he puts us in a bad position because he'll probably go 7-9. And I'd much prefer to get a good draft pick than waste a year. McNabb would be my second choice. Both qb went to a superbowl and played resonably well along the way. So that's not too bad. Even Collins too. Decent choices all around, but not one of them won the big game, and I think winning is most important and I do believe that the winners all have little tricks that they relied on to give them a slight edge when they needed it.

6. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

The more I hear Munch talk, I really think Locker has a strong chance to start opening day.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. pettso

pettso Starter

You're not alone there. I feel like its gonna be a KC for a few weeks then on to Locker deal. Hasselbeck wants too much money and nobody else will give KC a look so he'll take whatever money he can get as a backup here in TN.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

i also think that is what will happen.Collins will probably start a few weeks and either through very poor play or injury they will then insert Locker in the lineup.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would like to have someone that can play for more than 1 year. Just because Locker sits for a year doesn't mean he's going to be ready, if he starts playing bad we're going to need that same guy to step back in. So Collins is a no for me, I'm hoping Hasselbeck (couple years left) or McNabb (similar QB style).

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I'm against bringing back Collins because I see us being forced to throw in Locker only 3-4 games into the season like we did with VY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar