What QB Would Be Best To Bring In To Play And Mentor Locker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Young has a steak house to take care of anyways.

someone somewhere probably needs a clean fork

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Did you seriously just suggest we even bother with Charlie Batch, Jake Delhomme, and the worst QB EVER Todd Collins? I want to puke.

As far as keeping Vince goes CJtheBeast; the front office is worried he'd taint young Jake Locker. It's like storing onions with potatoes, shouldn't be done cause one of them will go bad quick. As much as I hate to say it, I can see where they're coming from. But we absolutely need a guy with some experience in there competing for a job. If Jake wins the job then awesome, but just having a guy Jake can turn to and say - "what should I be looking for" will be very beneficial. Coaches can coach, but having a teammate there like Mark Sanchez had in NY with Brunell will go a long ways for a rookie.

3. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Yes.
    Did you seriously read my whole post, which I put some thought into, and only have this response as your net take away?

I explained my rationale, this group QBs wouldn't be signed to play they would be signed as mentors.
    What's more is that Batch and Delhomme come from (Erhardt-Perkins)offenses the same offense as Chris Palmer and both have been QB mentors before.

Its actually kinda ironic to read this from you in the very same post:
    Did you seriously just suggest that a rookie QB could benefit from a washed up vet like Brunell around? ;)

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My hope is for Matt Hasselbeck still. I think he would be the best mentor and starter for a year so Locker can sit and watch.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ed I really like reading your stuff, but when I saw you wrote "Todd Collins" my mouth dropped to the floor.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Haha for real huh. That's a little too much Collins for my liking.

7. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Hey, well with the new info from Munchak eliminates the non-starters QB mentors group.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Since your an outsider Ed. What do you think about VY? Not saying he's an option, but what's your opinion?

And to XpMark....I'd love Hasselback too.

9. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

I think Vince holds his talent hostage because he's thin skinned and isn't a leader. (I can only speculate about his work ethic but the word out here is that it was lacking)

But, there is no question the kid has talent.

Both his career win % and his stats the past 2 season are testaments to his abilities.
    And I don't think he was in the best situation as far a support from the HC goes.
    But, a type A guys don't shrink from a challenge they don't whine or pout or b*tch.
    And most QBs are type A guys.
    They grit their teeth and do what it takes to get things done.
    They put forth the effort to take control of that team.
    I would have liked to see Vince to take the personal attitude that: even if Fisher doesn't want me to be his QB, eff him this will be my team with or without his approval.
    Not only through his play on the field, but in the locker room, in meeting rooms, off the field by setting the example and being a leader to myteam, my fans,and my organization.
    And either Fisher accepts me or I fire him.

An example of a less physically gifted QB that was in a similar situation was Jason Campbell. Its well known that Cable wanted Gradkowski and yanked Campbell at the drop of hat; but all Campbell did was say the right things keep grinding and keep winning.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

On QBs:

I think Hasselbeck and McNabb would be the best bets but I doubt you guys can snag them.

I keep coming back to Dave Carr.
    First off Carr knows Palmer's offense very well from their time together in Houston and with the Giants.
    Carr also know Dinger's offense from Houston under Gary Kubiak (Dinger/Kubiak both worked under Mike Shanahan in Denver) I only mention Dinger b/c Palmer is only changing 50% of the playbook.

Rosenfels also fits because he was w/ the Giant's. (Palmers previous team) And although Palmer didn't coach him there's still some carry over from the Giants scheme to the Titans b/c of Palmer.(One of Palmer's UFL QB was picked up by the Giants Ryan Perrileaux sp?) Rosenfels also has some exposure to Dinger's scheme from working under Kubiak in Houston.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm High Fiving the first part of this post. Having David Carr as our QB would literally make me sick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar