What price would it take for you to trade our 1st round pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm gonna piggy back what Maximus said about the Giants trade...
    Chargers got the kitchen sink in that deal.
    That being said the price of my 1st pick is too high for any potential buyer to consider. Gotta get me some Vince.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you left that part out

and left it at just this :

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

agreed

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'd trade with the Jets ONLY if VY was still available and they guaranteed they were going otherwise and in the process either aquiring a vet OR another 1st day pick (make it 3rd)

I gotta have me some Vince
    i have just as many questions about Bush / Leinart / Hawk / Ferguson, etc.

I've seen Vince run enough
    I've seen him pass enough to know he can get out Chow's routes
    I've seen his presence in the pocket - his nose for the pressure
    he's pretty darn accurate and hasn't made a ton of mistakes
    I know I don't wanna play him twice a year

I'll take a shot of Vince too

Major Gamble - possibly Major Reward

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Neither of these QBs have anywhere near the respect Palmer or Eli had coming out. It is possible they could turn out as great players but no scout or coach is dumb enough to put Leinart in the same category as Palmer and Young has too many question marks IMO. Sure in an off year, like last year these guys could be #1 picks but no body would have given a king's ransom for Leinart at #1 last year. Heck, Leinart and Young might not even be the best QBs in this draft.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Jeff and Puck, I agree.

Top 5, but especially the top 3 would be #1s in three successive years no question. Even D'Brick at #4 is a #1. Do we need to list the teams that need top QBs or RBs or OL? It's a numerous list. This year it is a seller's market. Not only that, but understand that when these players are chosen, it makes the remaining that much more valuable. "Buying" teams would have to keep a cool head, but c'mon, how you gonna do that? Don't think for a minute that those teams seemingly disaffected by the top of the draft aren't wishing they could keep their successful record yet find a way to be picking up where we are, or close to it.

I would take the team's #1 this year and next, their #2 and #3 this year, and I'd have to be around the top 10 still. I might go for a 4th or 5th next year as well, or a player of value, but that would be the foundation I'm looking for. I might even be ultra-clever and require a 3rd rounder two years down the road instead of the 4th/5th/player.

7. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Would not move any further back than #5 ensuring Young, Brick, or Cutler falls to us (Jets/Packers) plus a draft pick....3rd Rounder?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Which one of those two was the third pick of a draft?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

heres the thing about Vince
    he's one of these "comes around every 5 years or so guys"
    I have little difficulty grouping Vince with guys like Mc, McNabb, Culpepper, Cunningham, Vick

I also have little difficulty grouping Matt and to a lesser extent Cutler in with groups of guys that you see every draft. there's nothing really that I can see that sets them apart from guys currently not starting or struggling

these comparisons to Eli and Carson are really separate things. those two are even different company from themselves.
    Matt Leinart is NO Carson Palmer, so noone should expect similar success just because they came from the same system. Both are products of the system, but Matt certainly had a better system.

let's just use Eli v. Cutler for a moment. I'm not sure you can do it, but they're probable as close to each other as anyone else is. but I wanna guess that had Cutler came out last year after having a year like he had this year - he might've been chosen ahead of Alex Smith . I know I'd rather have Jay Cutler over Alex Smith

Vince is either going to be "The Next Big Thing" or the next David Garrard. but I don't think he's gonna be a one night hangover for whoever takes him

.... breathe .....

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

compare the Superbowls between the 'comes around every 5 years compared to the 'ones you see in every draft'.

And I still don't get this Alex Smith bashing? He was 20, a rookie, playing on a team that the Pee Wee all stars from Chicago could beat, that also had no offense whatsoever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar