What position should be drafted first?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Jan 20, 2008.

?

Which position?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2010.
  1. Running Back

6.9%
  2. Wide Receiver

62.1%
  3. Offensive Line

3.4%
  4. Defensive Line

17.2%
  5. Linebacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Defensive Back

10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I agree, draft a WR in the second like Bennett, sign a couple of good WR's, and just build around Young.

2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I would go all offense in the draft and defense in FA.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Masscot .. T-Rac is losing it. I do not know of one QB he ran over this season. We need help in this position!

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

With the exception of QB and OT, we take the top ranked player available. Any other position would do me.

If it is not WR, then we get aggressive in round 2 and position ourselves to take the top WR still on the board from about pick 15 on in the 2nd round.

The cost of trading up for need in round 1 is exorbitant. In round 2 it makes a lot of sense.

5. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

I'm hoping and praying for Quentin Groves (DE/LB) from AwBarn, and Earl Bennett (wr) from Vandy.

Earl Bennett could possibly develop into something great under Heimerdinger. Both could be with the organization for quite some time. Groves is a MONSTER. Just ask Brodie Croyle and John Parker Wilson (and this is coming from a BAMA fan).

6. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Exactamundo!

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

heck yeah

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Draft a WR in the First Round because this organization must avoid signing Free Agent WR's at all costs.

I'm sure we've all heard of Yancey Thigpen and David Givens. :rolleyes:

9. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

As much as I love my Tide, I can't help but see how much talent that Groves kid has. I was on the sideline for this past Iron Bowl, and watching him sniff out plays was just downright scary.

The thing that scares me the most about the Titans possibly picking him is, there may not be enough offensive talent to spread around the earlier 23 picks. I'm thinking he could go somewhere between 10 and 20. I'd be willing to bet that Minnesota is going to be licking their chops at him.

With all that said, I hope like hell that we squeeze some decent guys out of this draft. We can't draft "all defense" or "all offense"...Reinfelt, Fish, Dinger & Schwartz much balance out both sides of the ball, especially in Free-Agency.

Oh, and it would be who of them to pick some SEC guys. That conference is head and shoulders above the rest of college football. Dont believe me? Ask the Ohio State Buckeyes.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Defensive end because we are not going to give odom the $6M it's going to take to keep him. We'll sign laboy for half that and draft a good DE in rd 1 or 2. More economical which will allow us to spend big on keeping haynesworth and maybe getting a guy like faneca.

Calais campbell looks like a good possibility and then we can still get a good WR in rd 2.

Who are the 2 guys who want another RB? My goodness..:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar