What position do we take in this years draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansWillWin2, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Geno Smith! lol I'm kidding.

Alright now that our season is over, what is our biggest need?

I think with the first pick we should take bpa at either DT or SS. I believe that DT is our biggest need by far. A really good SS would be nice too!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Matt

Matt Camp Fodder

One of the first two rounds should be on a guard. If we are going to be one of the few teams that is going to still try to run the ball we have to upgrade the interior of the line.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree that DT is our biggest need. Been saying it since AH left. No doubt OL is a big need also but DT is more important to improve our defense. I think that we can upgrade the OL in the 2nd round and beyond and even free agency.

We have got to take the best DT on the board. Preferably a big, fat, run-stuffing SOB.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would put my money on a DT as well.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

we need a OL, drafting projects in the 3-5 rounds vs getting one in the 1st round gets old

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

You have one round to get a good OL.. 2nd round... You MIT be able to scoop up a 3rd rounder but less likely... 1st round at 10??? That's not even heard of unless its a OT

7. Matt

Matt Camp Fodder

So what DT are we hoping we get at 10? I keep seeing Star Lotuleleli (Utah) as the #1 overall, but we would probably have to move up to guarantee getting him. But the Raiders are the only team ahead of us that seem to need a DT.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

DT is our 3rd biggest need behind O-Line and SS

we can get by and actually do pretty well with Casey and Marks/Martin

sure adding a disruptive force on defense would be nice, but the easiest solution to fixing our team is by fixing the O-Line.

I really don't know what position we'll draft first, free agency hasn't happened so it could be G, C, DT, DE, MLB, SS, TE who knows.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hard to say.. depends on what we do in free agency.

OG/c & SS must be addressed early.
    MLB, CB, DT, DE could also be addressed early (depending on who falls where).

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

None of our DTs push the pocket. And are all questionable against the run. Star gets a big push in the line, he would change how teams play us. You add him with Casey and Martin switching out and you have a solid run stopping front 7. Plus he leaves room to switch to the 34 looks.

Landing him at 10 however is not happening. The other DTs don't impress me. Hankins is big and good at holding his point but he doesn't push the pocket or pressure anything. Wouldn't really help us much. Also his ability to get off blocks is iffy. He gets glued in to much and can't help getting the runner down.

The other cat from mizzou... Meh. Doesn't impress me at all.

So to me, DT is out.

That leaves Te'o... If he falls to us, that also helps out run stopping and pass coverage, very good instinct player, much like mccarthy but bigger. Plus leadership abilities. Helps turn around the locker room vibe. That's a huge plus. So immediately he is the 1b prospect for us. McCarthy is good but he isn't Te'o and he is broken 80 percent of the time.

If Te'o is gone.

OT Lewan from Michigan. Played a solid game against Clowney. Moving Roos to RT and Stewart to OG. This is the only way I see us drafting OL in the first UNLESS

We trade our tenth pick. For somewhere in the late teens and pick up a mid round 2nd

If we trade back, swing for Warmack. Awesome OG from Alabama. Only prospect OG worth a first round pick. Then with our extra second we grab a C to add in on the O line. Two solid additions.

Use our other second on Matt Elam. Kid plays with fire. Hits heavy and scares WRs. Could quickly start for us opposite of griffin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar