What position do we go?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titansfan12, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'd go OL, SAFETY, DT, LB, CB, DE, WR.

I don't know if we have 7 picks but that's what I'D do.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think it's too early to tell. It really depends on what players we re-sign. If LeRoy Harris is re-signed, I seriously doubt we'd go OL first. Safety would be nice 1st round.. but Griff and Hope are our starters & we have legit backup in Fuller and young guns Robert Johnson & Myron Rolle. DT would also be nice... yet, we still have Brown, Jason Jones (who's dominating), Haye, and Sen'Derrick (who was just a 2nd rounder and has been getting better). LB we have starters across the board that are solid, it's a possibility though. CB may be needed, but if Verner keeps playing like he is we won't need a CB 1st round. DE depends on who we sign, but I doubt we take another DE 1st round, Wash makes no-named DEs good. WR would be interesting if Julio or AJ Green fell to us (won't happen probably), but having Britt - 1st Round - Washington/Damian would be some good targets.

3. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

We need another RB in the 1st round to relieve some of the pressure off CJ; most good teams in this league impliement a two back system and CJ doing it all by himself isn't fooling anyone and they're practically letting Ringer go to waste because he's not a powerback and Tennessee needs one bad.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

were 4-2 and some of you have us drafting in the top 10 based on the players you hope we get..

5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

6. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

I think we need a QB

1) He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
    2) He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously.
    3) He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn’t ephemeral and that he has lived as “the guy” for some period of time.
    4) He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games.

We failed on the Bill Parcells' methodology of drafting a QB

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Way to early for you to say that. Take Dez Bryant for example, he was projected Top 10.. went late 1st.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Stevens will not be a free agent next year he has a 4 year deal. He will be a RFA in 2011.

I don't see any reason at all to take a TE in rd one of next years draft. We have a blocker in Stevens and a receiver in Cook. Sciafe will likely be gone but we can get a third guy later in the draft or even an UDFA.

Gage is a free agent so WR makes more sense but we will be picking 32nd.. :grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

agreed and not only due to the Gage situation...

Britt obviously has the physical talent to be a number one wide out, but does he have the mentality for it? He is still acting like a high school player with the twitter fight with his ex and now the bar fight?.... I don't wanna jump the gun on him yet, just saying we better not get too over hyped on him yet.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Best player available, regardless of position.

But if I had to pick a position, I'd say interior O-line or maybe D-line. Dark horse would be a RB or safety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar