What phone do you have?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Gunny, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I got this for my iPad (which means it's a freebie for my iPhone) and it actually works much better on the phone. I've had it a coupla weeks and I can confirm that it works. Just run it a coupla times throughout the day and it will kill all the non-used background processes etc making apps more responsive and lengthens battery life quite a bit.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memory-booster-hd/id414196509?mt=8#

[​IMG]

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Or you could learn how to use your phone :D

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Bold 9700, it's falling apart though.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I have the iphone's b**ch right now...aka mytouch 4g.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It kill the residual processes that use up ram after you've turned off an app etc. 'Knowing how to use the phone' doesnt fully keep you from having memory issues. This is one of the few maintenence apps I've that does the job and then some.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I've paid for this and tried it.

IMO it doesn't work as advertised and is a waste of money.

It doesn't close an app that you've opened and then navigated away from.
    Most users are probably unaware that they may have 20+ apps running in the background which are slowing the phone down and sapping the battery.

If the app were to close these apps I could see the advantage.

If you turn off something such as WiFi or location services and run the app, it appears to claim some memory for you.

However if you leave those services turned off and check the app again in a couple of hours the RAM usage will have returned to what it was before it was the app was last run.

It seems to be killing essential services which auto restart as required.

I have not seen any improvement in battery life.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My AT&T Back-flip is crapping out on me now. I'm not even sure when I got this thing, but it's been close to a year, and it's fading away on me.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I run a couple of different ram-sucking soundboard apps for the band that will often crash both the phone and ipad if I don't run the memory kill. You're right, the services do come back on and start sucking ram again but it only takes a few seconds to run the memory kill anyway. Useful or not depending on needs I guess.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I have a HTC Desire with Oxygenmod 2.0.3 (Android 2.3.3).

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Did they hire a Nigerian Prince to write the copy for that ad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar