What makes Cutler look even better

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanpride, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Anytime. As a 6' 01", 120 pound senior, running was the only thing I did better than the rest of the team. :ha:

2. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

120 wow, must have been a linebacker...

3. Riverman

Went from Wide-out to Left-Out. :brow:

I saw more stars that year than a Japanese tourist on Highway One. :stars:

After the 3rd time the ball crossed the goal line before I did, the coach said I'd catch as many balls running track as I would playing for him.:yell2:

4. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

That's hilarious. :lol:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Torch...

Running the 40 is not mandatory at pro-day.
    --------------------------------

It is mandatory for a player who will be drafted high in large part because of his superior athleticism. Why would vince not be prepared to run? Did he expect to not run at all before the draft? This is a guy who is supposed to be one of the great athletes ever to come out at that position but he had no desire to run and still has not done any lifting, jumping or any other activity.

Hey he doesn't have to participate in any of these drills, the reason he does participate is to get drafted higher.. If he was not properly prepared to run that's his problem.

6. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Why is everything about Vince so personal... I could care less what he runs in the forty. As I said in my post, "I don't agree with the stance" but its his choice to make.

I still contend anyone who has seen him on film or in person, knows he is faster than the 4.57 indicates.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Again, him not running was more of a reference to the ESPN article that chastised him for sitting on his laurels.

He wants to be the best, but he doesn't practice to run, he says he is motivated to shhhh the naysayers, but he still doesn't blow anyone away except for some homers.

8. Riverman

Honestly, he doesn't have a sprinter's build. He has really long legs and a long stride- he's not that well suited physically to run a 40yd dash. His technique was average at best, I'm certain he could have shaved time off with an improved stance and keeping low longer.

I suspect he didn't want to run because he knew he wouldn't "fly" and didn't want to distract attention from the major press criticism of his throwing. When he heard the grumbling, he cooperated. That is good attitude. He ran one time only.

I'm not at all concerned with his time. The kid can run fast, make good cuts and lane decisions on the field. There is no "pro-day" or combine drill to test "vision"- apparently one of his best attributes.

I am a Young fan because I sense an "unstoppable" potential in him that I don't in the other two (maybe Cutler has it). When you have a QB that can throw well and then "tuck and run" as a check-down option, as well as it appears Young can, defenses are very hard pressed to make a stop. It also gives the offense a great "ball control" option.

9. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Lots of people who have seen Young, especially up close are impressed with him. I haven't seen much of Cutler, so you don't see me commenting on him, I have seen Matt Leinhart a few times and you don't see me doing much commenting on him, except in comparison type posts.... To say that we are homers because we see something special in this kid, is just as bad, as callin' him a bust and he hasn't had the opportunity to acheive on the next level.

Certainly there was no-one who acheived as much this year on the collegiate level.

My loyalty to the Longhorns, has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of Vince, I formed it before he signed his letter of intent, and he hasn't failed to meet expectations on every level.

Vince is not a guaranteed success, but if you measure him by the same measuring stick with the others, you have to admit they are all in the same league, one may be obviously better than another in a certain aspect of the game,you may think one is better, but when taken as total packages, they all bring something to the table, they are still in the same league thus far. Why we tend to put them on polar opposites to compare them, and make our opinion stand out, I don't know.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If the Titans feel VY is anything close to Cutler and Leinart in his ability to read defenses and deliver the ball he should be the top QB because of his running ability. His running ability is not a question and I'm sure at his private workout the Titans spent 0 time concerned with that phase of his game except to see how he could roll or sprint out and make throws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar