What made you a Titans fan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KillerTitanFan, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane_mcmurdo

Shane_mcmurdo Starter

I'm at Navy Recruiter school in Florida. I was at the preseason game and went to the Browns game on my drive out here.

2. Walldaprince

Walldaprince Rookie

steve AIR mcnair

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

I'm a huge Titans fan since 2003 season when I first got into the NFL. I'm born and bred in the UK and 2003 was when I first got exposed to it. The Titans were decent then so I chose them and have stuck with them avidly since.

That season was so epic with McNair going toe to toe with Manning for the MVP. I remember watching them win the playoff game against the Ravens 20-17, the only playoff victory in my 13 years as a fan...

Having said that, I love the Titans and get excited (and heartbroken) every year when the season swings around.

If / when the NFL forces a team over to UK - which I am against - I will remain a passionate Titans fan

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Why are you against a UK team? They get pretty good turnouts and a good following.

5. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

You are right that it's increasing in popularity. The turnouts are decent, I have been to 5 of the UK games since they introduced regular season games.

However, someone would have to relocate or they would have to add a team. How would 33 teams work? How would scheduling work with an overseas game. The NFL has already introduced Monday and Thursday games. Which division would the London team go into? What US athletes would want to even play for London? My opinion is that it would just be a logistical nightmare.

I appreciate its rising in popularity over here but the passionate fans already have their teams. I think the NFL is at risk of over-saturating itself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar