What made you a Titans fan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KillerTitanFan, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

It was 1985 and i was 10 years old but knew nothing about football and my dad came in one night and said he signed me up for football. After practice my dad would buy me football cards and magazines.

We had a USFL pro team here called the Memphis Showboats featuring Reggie White on defense and we went to all the games in '85.

Soon i was a football fanatic the first Super Bowl i watched was Bears/Patriots which i recorded and still have on VHS. I grew up liking the Raiders but by the mid eighties they were spent,lol.

I was crushed in the early 90's when Memphis was one of five teams as candidates for a franchise and lost out to Jacksonville and Charlotte.

I eventually was barely watching but suddenly my attention was gotten when i heard Tennessee was getting an NFL franchise that would have a new name,stadium,etc.

So in 1999 when they became the Titans i was fully on board. I still remember the first game vs Cincy enough twists and turns to give you a heart attack we end up blocking a punt among other things and were up 26-7 in second quarter.

Anyway by the fourth quarter we were losing 35-26 then Eddie scores a TD to make it 35-33. With time expiring we kick a FG and win 36-35.

Whole '99 season was magical will never ever forget how fun it was. Then in 2000 we had the number one total defense and NFL best record then the G'damn Ravens had an even better defense and beat us in the postseason. 2002 we lost AFC championship to Oakland.2008 should've been ours NFL best record again G'damn Ravens all over again.

1999,2000,2002 and 2008 all could've been ours so we've been close a few times but didn't quite seal the deal.

From '99 through '11 we have had seven winning seasons,six postseason berths,three division titles,league best record twice,couple AFC title appearances and a Super Bowl appearance.

2012 through 2015 we had a lean stretch but thats way better than suffering through a decade or more like Cleveland,Buffalo,Jacksonville,St. Louis,etc.

Now we are on the upswing again with JRob at GM and Mariota our first good QB in years.

Wouldn't trade it for nothing. The last decade and a half has been awesome.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I hate that the 7th winning season that we missed the playoffs was because of that BS sympathy victory we handed the 0-13? Colts. 9-7 wasn't enough that year.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Living in Lower Antioch in the Late 90s (Street cred)

I remember when the Tornado hit the stadium when it was being built.

I never really watched football and I went to the Vikings games at Vandy and was hooked.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Mid 80's. Not sure what year, my cousin was watching football at my Grandmother's house and it was the Oilers vs Bengals. He was an Oilers fan and I was just rooting along with him. My father didn't watch football so it was my first NFL experience I remember. Never stopped rooting for the Oilers/Titans since.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Native Tennessean, but having lived in Charlotte when I was a kid I pulled for the Panthers until Tn became the Titans, after switching the name from the Oilers, and finally got a home stadium. Finally Tn had an NFL team.. Titans forever.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

mike75 writing books on how he became a fan.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Lived in Knoxville since I was 6.

In 2006 when I was 11 years old, I would catch a game every now and then on TV. I remember Rob Bironas's 60 yarder to beat the Colts. I remember VY's 21 point comeback vs the Giants.

I started watching every game in 2008, haven't missed one since. What a year to start lol. Been all downhill since.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

are you going to the game sunday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar