What is wrong with me..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Well whatever it takes I'm going to do it. I am sick and tired of not being me. If I cant get rid of it myself I am going to go to the doctors and explain that I know what I have and I just want to know if theres a way to get rid of it without pills.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Ryan, it might be helpful to learn about fear itself:

Fear doesn't just come from physical threats (like a fast-moving car or a gang of bullies) or the anxiety of having to tell your dad that you wrecked his car. Much smaller things threaten us also, even when we don't realise it....
    noticing that your best friend hangs out with someone else more than with you;
    seeing the hot chick look at you in disgust if your shirt has a stain;
    hearing your parents fight (and wondering if other parents fight that much);
    etc...

All these small fears can subconciously make us feel threatened for our security, self-esteem, relationships, etc. Small fears like that can add up into one huge inferiority complex quickly, and then panic attacks.

Not that I would know anything about that :duckrun:

3. avvie

Oh, and good on you for bringing this up here to someone before it derails your life. :yes: I wish I had had that opportunity.

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Yeahhh Ok Im starting to understand this now. If I continue to let these fears build up inside me and not confront them or face them then the attacks will come. Basically I should just do whatever it is that makes me feel fear and It wont effect me again when it comes along the next time. Ive been reading on this site that says those things are "triggers" to the attacks. Man I really should of told someone sooner about this. It would of been much easier....

5. avvie

Boy, you gotta love AdSense: the middle bar ad in this thread is for asthma medication. :ha:

6. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Well I figured theres 5,168 members on this forum and if every single one of them never heard of what I had or never experienced it then I had some kind of major problem. But it only took about 10 minutes for you guys to respond so I guess its something common that people go through. Which is what I was hoping for.

7. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Adblock Plus :)

8. avvie

...or, just discussing them with someone gets them out of your head. Fears build because we don't address them in ANY way at all. Even if it's something that seems REALLY stupid, just telling someone about it out loud helps to get rid of it. You might even find out that your fear is MUCH smaller than your listener's ;)

9. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Well before I came on here and posted the thread I was nervous and freaking out because I couldn't get to sleep. Now that I actually talked to someone about it I feel nothing. I actually feel like I can sleep..

10. avvie

Me too. Goodnight! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar