Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What Is The United Football League?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Don, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

Moolah:
    $0
    because it is football my friend...and there is no such thing as to much football!
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,278
    Depends on the entertainment value I guess.
  2. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    They're doing some good things and some bad things. There was an interesting article on PFT yesterday about how they are changing several of the rules from the NFL that most fans don't like (banning the Tuck rule and changing OT). They also seem to be accepting that it is not in competition with the NFL, that it will definitely be a minor league. However, the players aren't getting paid much at all, so I doubt they have any chance of getting anyone who could play in the NFL.

We'll see if it catches on at all. I think the real problem is that there are so few teams, it's going to be hard to really catch on with a local fan base. Also, incredibly short season.
  3. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,823
    I know this may not be a lasting league to cheer for over the next ten years but I'll take as much football as they can dish out. Whether its the NFL, NFL Europe, NCAA, XFL, AFL, USFL or this new UFL. I love football! Plus this league isn't some Mexican or Canadian league that we know nothing about, it gonna have real football players we can recognize from the NFL and college player that couldn't catch on for whatever reason. Maybe even see Pacman the biggest scrub to wear shoulder pads for our Titans.

As far as their being only a few teams; at one point the NFL only fielded 8 teams and now look where they took the league.
  4. Psychop1 Big Tee

Washington
    Moolah:
    $4,739
    I think they would do better to put teams in cities where they don't have professional football. Why ask fans to support two professional football teams plus college teams??? This is destined for failure.
    1 people high five this.
  5. Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Moolah:
    $581
    They should have put a team in B'ham instead of San Fran.
  6. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    seems like a spring developmental league would have been a better idea
  7. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
  8. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    Well, they tried that last year, and it never got off the ground. They were going to do a spring league, and were going to have teams in Knoxville, Michigan, etc... I don't think it ever played a game.

I don't know what the best solution is, there are so many that have failed.
  9. jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Moolah:
    $77
    it good 2 start out small, no point in have a dozen teams.

being this small and short i dont see how it will fail. what will it be compared to for failure?

theres a lot of rich guys behind the UFL , i wouldnt mind seeing it have awesome ratings and come back each year with more teams and longer seasons. UFL needs to do what TNA did, they took the wrestlers that the WWE no longer wanted and payed them less but they still get to do what they love. and TNA has grown pretty big with big name wrestlers joining all the time and now they are at the point where wwe wrestlers are leaving on their own to join TNA .The UFL needs to do the same thing.

Having players people already know is key. and theres tons of them like, Vick, Pacman etc...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.