What Is the Titans' Offense Missing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How so? He saw the Titans play that defense twice as a backup. He studies them all week long. Reports are he didn't "get it" until late in the week and that may have been an overstatement.

I'm sure there were a couple of new twists but it isn't like the Steelers unleashed this defense for the first time on Sunday.

Out of range as in distance? I'm not following you here.

We're in year five of a QB's professional football career. There is no more time for "live and learn".

You make it sound as if Young was having a good game. He wasn't. He was lost. He was ineffective. I don't know why it's hard for some to admit this. We can debate forever as to whether or not Fisher did the right thing but there's no doubt in anyone's mind who watched the game that Young wasn't able to deal with the Steeler defense.

He had a huge chance to prove himself and fell flat on Sunday.

He has the ability to change any play he wants at the line. For all we know, he did. But, as you mention, the Steelers disguised their blitzes and kept him on his heels. It doesn't make sense to make a play change when you don't know what's coming.

They did. The Steelers often did their damage with five or six rushers. What they did effectively was bring them in from a variety of directions.

Look, we're beating the horse beyond dead. I think the blame for Sunday goes well beyond Young. But, until the coaching staff sees Young making better reads, he's not going to get a lot of rope against those tougher 3-4 teams. He's got to produce.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I imagine this is what it was like in 1999/2000 etc when McNair always had horrible games against the Steelers and Ravens.

3. 24

24 Starter

The offensive line has regressed. Roos looked off in the preseason, we don't look the same without Mawae. We allowed 15 sacks all of last season. We've allowed 6 already this season. And the playcalling.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

OL has no excuses but it does appear that moving Amano to C and replacing him at G with Harris has definatly unsettled the unit. only about 12-14 quarters so far for the starters, and some of those would not have had all 5 starters. It really should not take so long for them to get it together, but if Amano cannot handle C then stick Harris there and put Amano back at LG. Whatever happens leave Glavine in retirement.

5. amy

amy Starter

The Oline hasn't stepped up and Vince is slow to learn plays/defenses. Remedy both and we can win every game. Whether that will happen is anyone's guess.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You guys remember the Jets games last year? Same deal. Collins had people in his face all game. The OL looked horrible because the Jets were overloading one side and/or bringing in rushers from a variety of angles.

That OL had Mawae.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I wish we kept mac9 and had young on the bench until he retired. VYs career has been crap in terms of what is he to this franchise. Starting from 06, if your gonna put him behind a veteran then do it, don't throw him out there,. That was the first mistake. Putting him out there and basically having him improvise. Your telling him to just be himself. Then 2007 comes and you decide now were gonna keep him in the pocket. Not to mention take away all his wr threats in bennett and wade, and let go of Henry who was a beast for us, and replace him with Lendale. So from 07 on, you should have kept him in. If your gonna let him play and learn like Stafford and others, then stick with it. In 08 he should have been starting, even after his meltdown. I know i sound crazy but in the long run, it was best for us. Put him out there and let him play. Instead you bench him and what happens. You enter 2009 with him o the bench in year 4!! I can't tell if im making sense or not, im just saying we've been inconsistent. You either leave him on the bench as a rookie and let hi lern for a few years or you just let him play, good or bad. All this up and down stuff doesn't help us in the long run because it means it will take longer for him to become comfortable with the offense.

8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Besides things like a stronger o-line I would have to say creativity with the play calling. And by that I don't mean a bunch of trick plays. But open it up. Overall I've always felt our offense was just too predictable

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the WR corps is a weak link and always has been with Fisher at the helm.

10. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Just wanted to point out that second year QB Josh Freeman is going up against the Steelers today. Let's see how he does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar