What is the Pats Problem?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

If I'm playing against the Patriots and they have a big lead, I'd want them to keep throwing the ball and going for it on 4th down. Force an interception or a turnover on downs and you get the ball back for your offense.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The result will be someone going after a Pats player. It's just a matter of time.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'm serious... i'd be surprised if Tom Brady makes it through this season unscaved. Someone will go after him after the whistle sooner or later.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The Pats players have worked extremely hard to get to where they are. The NFL is the showcase league for men who’ve chosen their profession and it’s the only place that they can truly exhibit how all of this hard work has paid off. I would agree that at every other level running up the score is indeed poor sportsmanship, but at this, the most elite level, I want to see the best achieve all that they possibly can while playing flat out for the entire game. I want to be a witness to excellence. It pains me that such an amazing team will be pressured to tone it down just so they don't show up the mediocre for being exactly that... mediocre.

It'd be like if in the 1973 Kentucky Derby the jockey pulled on Secretariat's reigns. Secretariat is famous for winning by forty lengths, but in today's culture of sport people would be worried about showing up the other horses. I want to see performances like Secretariat's... that type of excellence is rare and should be embraced. It’s the reason I’m a fan of professional sports. It pains me that it doesn't seem possible in today’s pro team sports. And it pains me even more so that it’s not possible simply because of the insane (and widely accepted) notion that one team’s excellence will so damage it’s opponent’s competitive psyche that they may never recover. On the contrary I think athletic performances like the Pats have been putting on only serve to inspire others to achieve similar greatness (including those they defeat).

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

agreed, and I agree it'll probably be a Jet or maybe FA turned into a Jet mercenary

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So what would you rather have? Sportsmanship/Fisherball or Bill Belichick's style?
    And these are PROs. This isn't USC vs some Div III team as everyone keeps acting. These guys are getting paid millions to do a job that most of us would kill to have, so why the pity party?
    Nobody cares when a DivI school beats a DivII school 65-0, and there's actually a talent gap there. Nobody cares when your local highschool beats a team 45-0. So why do they care in the NFL?
    Again, if you're going to cry about it instead of stopping a team, take your 1st stringers out first rather than begging for charity.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was being sarcastic as I could care less whether I lose by 1 or 50. As a matter of fact, the Titans should know first hand that some big leads are not safe.

But these professionals have egos and I don't see the benefit of piling on such as passing from the shotgun with a 30-point lead.

Someone will take a 15-yard penalty and fine to hurt Brady if they get the shot.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

In that case, let's hope they keep running those scores up. haha

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Yeah, I loved it last year when Rodney Harrison was up in arms for that very legal shot that Wade put on him. Freaking Rodney Harrison, cheap shot artist extraordinaire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar