What is Jaworski's Deal?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by skitch, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I just saw Monday Night Countdown. When I came in, Ron Jaworski was asked about Vince Young's progression in the preseason.
    I thought he was gonna stroke out!
    He was more or less yelling about how he has watched tons of tapes and the coaches tapes from the preseason and that Young "has not progressed".
    They cut to Mort and asked him about it. He said that you would see Young Sunday against the Jets in some situations. (He said he believed Collins would be starting.)
    "Jaws" replied by literally YELLING "that's stupid"!

Look, I try not to wear the "Titans Blue colored glasses" and I have no problem with the media having their opinions. I also know we have all heard and discussed some of Young's critics, such as Merril Hodge. I don't get "up in arms" because somebody said something about Young or any other Titan, but what is this guy's deal?
    Did Young smack Jaworski's mother or something?
    I don't know that I have ever seen someone almost stroke out and scream.
    (PS - I realize on that show sometimes you have to yell over Michael Irving, but he was not talking.)

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i thought it was pretty obvious from game 1 to game 4 that he improved a lot.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I was watching that too. Jaws is a jerk. He picked Philly to win, like Irwin said Jaws goes by his heart instead of being an unpartial analyst.

Jaws was always anti-McNair, and I've never heard him say anything positive about the Titans.

4. Nostranut

Nostranut Guest

Interesting that Jaws is picking the Ravens to win the AFC North because they
    have McNair. He said the Titans would be stupid to put VY in a specific situation, namely 3rd and 7..I agree, that would be stupid. My sense is that
    they will insert VY for an entire series with a special package of plays.

5. skitch

Did you notice now that he was the only one picking the Raven's to win their division? Said it was all because of McNair.:eek:

6. skitch

You beat me to it, Nostranut.
    Ravens....:guzzle:

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Jaws used to call McNair "MacNine". It never caught on. Every time I heard him he was very "pro-Mcnair" but he never gave the Titans any love as a team.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Yeah, guess he was never anti-McNair,
    just anti-Titan.
    :hmm:

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

As football fans, I think most of us know not to take many "annalists" seriously. Countless times have we seen some guy just trying to say something to get people talking (they usually succeed) rather than giving good insight. It seems like it's mostly about ratings, especially for ESPN.

I imagine most of us get our opinions from watching games, not from sports shows (or at least not solely from those shows).

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Young looked great against Green Bay, I don't know what jaws is talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar