What if?????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DelawareTitan, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Was just sitting here thinking how different our franchise may be right now if we did not release McNair the year we drafted VY. Instead of sitting behind KFC learning nothing he would have sat behind Mac and learned alot about how to prepare both mentally and physically. Sure VY won rookie of the year honors but at what cost. I just wonder if Mac was there for a year or two how much more mature would VY be, how much better of a player he would be? With that said i know our franchise has alot of problems right now and a complete VY may not be the answer, but what I saw out of Rusty yesterday leaves alot to be desired.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Vince could have learned everything from Collins that he would have learned from McNair, instead he decided not to(according to reports).

3. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

VY wouldn't have listened to McNair either.

4. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

The past is the past. You can't go back so why bother. Can't wait to see how Fisher does without Vince. I bet he did not think of that. His coaching value should settle in where it belongs - 8-8 finish.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Him and McNair were close no? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Vince hasn't had the best conditions to grow as a quarterback. I think he proved this year that he's a franchise quarterback that can win games and play consistently. He's got a great deep ball, can complete the short and mid range throws, and he's still mobile. I really don't know what more some fans want out of a quarterback. Drew Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, and Rivers still lose games. Vince Young was no where near the weak link on this team. The only weak spots we've had this year have been linebacker coverage (whether the coach's or players fault), and safety play at times.

We've got all the tools to be contenders. We just can win in our current system. Not against the good teams consistently.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From what I've heard, McNair wasn't a role model as far as film study or conditioning most of his career. I would think Collins was probably better in those areas.

I thought '08 was the year Fisher said Vince was learning the game by watching Collins.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No point in "if's, and's & but's".

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What if we kept McNair? Pretty much the most embarrassing things to this organization have happened since we locked McNair out of the facilities. (other than doing Godfrey dirty)

What if our coach never publicly attacked Billy Volek and then brought in a completely unprepared vet to start a season?

What if we never drafted VY and never had to deal with his drama?

What if we never drafted Pacman and never had to deal with his drama?

What if AH never stomped on someone's face during a game?

We've sure had a lot more drama in the last 5 years then I remember us having from 99-05.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Some people don't realize Mcnair and Vy were similar in this aspect neither are Gym rats. Film Study Etc.

10. amy

amy Starter

We are all masters of our own fates; Vince could have made different decisions but chose not to. And none of us know if he learned anything from KC or not. I still am reminded of Vince's great statement. Something like "Can't nobody tell me nothin". And although he said he meant something other than what he said, I'm beginning to wonder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar