What if the Titans were a Dome Team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Would it have made a difference in the past few seasons? Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans have a dome. All of those cities are in the same relative climate zone as Nashville. Should Adelphia have been built as a dome?

I've noticed one thing about this team. They've lost alot of games in the cold. Maybe they have lost alot of games period... But I've seen some P!SS poor performances in the freezing cold in the past 11-12 seasons.

Being in Nashville TN, the weather is one of the biggest wild cards that may have a determining factor in outcome of the game. It's not like Buffalo where the weather is guaranteed to be terrible in the winter... but in measures of week to week... One week it can be 70, next week it can be 0.

Think about this.. Bironas kicking in a dome. Would he ever miss?

The weird thing about Nashville weather is that there will never be 2 feet of snow on the ground, it will do something much worse if you ask me. It will come nothing but freezing rain and ice. Snow is fluffy and fun... Ice and slick spots = injuries.

And one week, it can 10 degrees and 7 days later, the temp could be a balmy 65. I remember when this happened when I attended the Bucs Titans game at the end of the 03 season when we won the game handily. It the was the season after the season the bucs had just won the superbowl, which is why that game was a big deal. Eddie George broke a few rushing mile stones. Oh yeah, it was 65 at the end of december. I've been to games in december when the wind chill was below zero. (Christmas, Broncos, 2005 comes to mind) Yeah, I was the sucker who got stuck out in the cold watching a 40 point blowout and watching Jeff Fisher call nothing but running plays. Billy Volek sucks.

It's painful to rehash all the big games we have lost in the bitter cold over the few years. The Christmas game against Dallas in 1999 was one of the best defensive performances in modern football history. The snow and cold weather comes to mind. The playoff game against pittsburgh was cold... but we got VERY VERY lucky to win that game.

Other than that... over the past few seasons... This team seems to play much better in warmer weather. Am I right or wrong? Should the Titans have built a Dome? Would it have made a difference over the past 11-12 seasons?

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

All that would have changed if Tennessee had a dome is we would have been able to watch our team suck in a comfortable, climate controlled stadium. It would have out Fisher in a interesting position though as we would have gotten to watch him make new excuses rather then the weather affecting the touch on Kerry Collins' passes

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

then he could say well the new cooling system creates a jetstream and there is a low pressure system hanging around the 50 yard line causing turbulence above the playing surface and it was affecting our passing game out there today.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I would think that we would have evolved differently as a team...probably gotten more like the old Warren Moon teams in the Astrodome.

I also think that Fisher probably would not have lasted as long as he has if we were in a dome.

Would that have made a difference??? Tough to say. Plenty of dome and warm weather teams wind up being froze out of the playoffs. Patriots would have still been around, and it would have been as tough (if not tougher) to get by them in Foxboro.

5. amy

amy Starter

They are a bunch of wussies who use any excuse they can find for not doing the job they have been paid to do. And that goes for the coach too.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Going over major issues for a couple seasons
    1. No offensive playmakers ('06-'07)
    2. The worst WR core in the NFL ('07-'08)
    3. Weak interior OLine ('10)
    4. Nick Harper ('09)
    5. In fighting between our QB/HC ('07-'10)
    6. Inability to cover TE's ('08 - '10)
    7. Cap purges('04?)
    8. Repeated failure of #1 picks to consistently produce ('03-'07)
    9. Failure to effectively replace players ('05-'10)
    10. Peyton Manning owning us in general ('02-'10)

Ten MAJOR issues over the past ten years that being in a dome wouldn't of solved. We have been a lack luster franchise due to cap issues, bad drafting, and undisciplined play. Where we play our home games have nothing to do with it.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Then all the unfortunates who are attending games in November and December (for whatever reason) will be nice and comfortable until they leave in the third quarter because we're already down by 3 scores.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Here's another one for you Avvie..

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Fisher would have 1 less reason to defend another Justin Gage drop

10. iQon

iQon Starter

Eh. Under Fish, I think we're designed to have an advantage in December-January. We run the ball a lot, we suck at stopping the pass, and we agitate the hell out of other teams. LP is fine, we just do a better job at inventing ways to lose. A dome would be useless for us. In fact, it would just help guys like Brady, Manning, Rivers, etc. torch us when they come to town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar