What if the regular season were scheduled like the Preseason?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

This year's scheduling of the preseason seems different to me than in years past. It seems like the games are more spread out and I've found it easy to watch most games. I was thinking they should really consider doing the regular season schedule similar to how last weeks preseason was done.

Think about it, primetime games every night wednesday through monday, Fans could watch nearly every game if they really wanted to, and the only casualty would be the tradition of football on sundays (and I think you could still implement this system while still playing some games on sunday)

In a 16 game weekend:

WED NIGHT 730PM, 730PM, 10 PM (WC) - 3 GAMES
    THUR NIGHT 730PM, 730PM, 10 PM (WC) - 3 GAMES
    FRI NIGHT 7PM, 10PM - 2 GAMES
    SAT DAY 4 PM - 1 GAME
    SAT NIGHT 8 PM - 1 GAME
    SUN DAY 12 PM, 1 PM, 4 PM, 4 PM - 4 GAME
    SUN NIGHT 8 PM - 1 GAME
    MON NIGHT 830 PM - 1 GAME
    *ALL TIMES EASTERN

While keeping Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Football intact that system^^ allows football every night of the week except tuesday.

Now there are definitely some other issues that would need to be addressed such as scheduling the correct amount of rest for each team (a team playing on monday couldn't play on wednesday/thursday/friday the next week) but nothing major really comes to mind when thinking about why this system shouldn't be considered.

Here's a list of reasons why I think this should be used

-As a fan with the current scheduling, I ALWAYS watch the Titans game which is usually sunday at 1 PM. At that same time there are as many as 8 other games going on! I can only watch a 1 PM, 4 PM, and the sunday/monday night and the rest I'd have to watch the highlights of. With this system I could watch at least 2 games wednesday, 2 games thursday, 2 games friday, 2 games saturday, at least 4 games sunday, and the monday night game. Thats 13 games!

-Growing up I got bummed that I couldn't always watch the Titans because of my location and NFL distributution map with CBS. With this system you get more primetime games and hopefully more games nationally televised like the NBA does. You won't be forced to sit through Washington vs Seattle if you live Virginia and you're a titans fan because there not showing that game. You can just wait til the night they are scheduled top play.

-More primetime games

-NFL gets a TV slot every night to compete with MLB and NBA.

Idk I was just brainstorming a little bit thinking how it could work...Let me know what you guys think

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wont happen, would make locking your fantasy team in impossible LOL, just kidding.

I could see this actually happening. The NFL moved the Pro Bowl up 2 weeks to make sure there was NFL football every weekend til it's all over, the NFL loves being watched, so yea this would be a good idea. Scheduling would be tougher but it could be worked out.

And as a fan I'd be so happy, get to watch football 5 days instead of 2 or 3.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's no Wednesday games though, so whats with Wednesday on there?

And our team may be the least flexible team there is. If we don't play on Sundays at 1PM, we suck.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

High school and college football would go nuts if the NFL played games on Friday or Saturday during their seasons.

Some would argue the NFL would be over-saturated if they were on that much. I would love it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I'd love it, my buddy and I were talking about this last week. We're excited we get Thursday all year this year, that's football 3/7 days. Include Friday and Saturday, 5/7 would be awesome. Not only that, but like the OP said, with so many games in the same time slot, I find I miss a lot of games that I'd like to watch. Spreading the games out over another 2 days would really help with this. It should also make the NFL a lot more money with so many additional time slots.

That said, doubt it happens :( lol

6. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

I like the idea but Wednesday needs to go, and then have two games thurs-sat and i say have a doubleheader every monday night, one east coast, one westcoast, with the rest of the games on Sunday. The schedule makers should be able to work with that setup, and it would be great for the NFL $$$, and great for us fans as well. And with most games being nationally televised attendance in the small markets will go up.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It would be hard to schedule so that team get breaks inbetween weeks. Some teams would be having extra day(s) of practice which seems unfair. I know this happens with MNF, bye weeks, etc.. but idk if they scheduling office would be able to make it 'fair' for everyone.

If they can, it would be awesome.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Whoa your NFL schedule wants to make me throw up. So glad you're not the Commish. I would go irate if the NFL did that.

NFL is Sunday and 1 Monday night game, not Wed, Fri, or Sat.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

NFL to me is all about anticipation. Having to wait a week to watch football builds up the hype. I love the NFL, but watching it Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon would be a bit too much.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Well if the NFL did that then I am sure that every single Wed. Thurs. Fri. Sat night game would be on NFL nework. That would force everyone to buy it. Not sure how that would go over with a lot of fans. I would be happy that I could watch football all week though.

Scheduling would probably be the biggest issue, but I think it could be worked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar