What if the free agent market is even worse next year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Start using bullets. I've seen you try this way at least twice, which means it's not working.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow. Amazing how bitter someone can manage to sound through a message board.

3. plato

plato Camp Fodder

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I would assume next year will look very similar to this year. And the cap will be even larger. And there have been even larger precedents set this year. So overspending won't be avoidable.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

which ,yet again, shows not to use blanket statements.

and i dont see how harper is a garbage player. he's been a solid starter for the colts since he's been in the league.

6. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

And on that list for 08, I see no wr's whatsoever (I'm basing that off Brandon Stokely and DJ Hackett being the best names I could find there). On the defensive line: Simeon Rice, Mike Rucker, Justin Smith, and Terrell Suggs. Suggs will probably not be let go, and probably not Rucker and Smith either.
    Rice sounds like a possibility, but we'd have to pay a ton of money to get a 34-35 yr old pass rusher.

And I think that sounds like the more accurate picture. We're sitting there bidding on Simeon Rice and the money is quickly rising past what he is worth--do we decide to win him outright b/c we have the capspace and need the help, or can we afford to be financially principled and not bring anybody in again next offseason?

7. I think the titans are more focused on developing the young players they have right now, reffering to 'the plan'...

8. Deuce Wayne

Harper is okay. But Harper + Schwartz = Toast.

9. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

DeRon Jenkins isn't back, is he?

:grrhee: :grrhee: :grrhee:

10. Deuce Wayne

what did you call him? It's ERon Jenkins. There's no D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar