What if the D isn't as good as last year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Morpheus E, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I'd say we're likely to drop closer to 15th in yards (rather than 10th) and 10th in scoring (rather than 5th).

Gut

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...huh?

I think you mean it's BAD to have a weakness but good to get tested!:)

Gut

3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i will agree that the steelers o-line wasnt the best in the league...however..how many of the sacks came as a result of big ben, not the line? big ben extended plays more then pretty much anyone last year, and he got laid out alot more then anyone did. so i would say the line would be responsible for about half? you cant blame the line when the qb is 20 yards away...know what i am saying?

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...huh?

Yes, Ben extended the play more than most...but mainly because he HAD TO. No QB in the league got flushed more quickly or more often than he did...so he had to move around quite a bit which meant extending plays. 4 of my friends are die hard Steelers fans and they readily admit that there OL is terrible!

Stick Jason Jones against the Colts and let's see if he can get 3 sacks on Manning. Then we'll talk!

Gut

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

He couldnt get to Sorgi going against Indy's backups,thats not a knock on the guy but shows you that he had a really good game against the Steelers.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

good call...no more beating a dead horse!

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The truth is our defense won't be as good as last year. However, that doesn't mean we can't win it all.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Albert just made the work easier for the defensive line, which made the work easier for the linebackers and the picking easy for the secondary. The defense as a whole is good and will continue to be good. Jason Jones had a excellent rookie season and will work hard to get better. One man leaving won't stop the Titans defense.

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Exactly.

Production IMO will drop across the board with AH's departure. People have been saying that our D line made Albert look better but it was the other way around. Without him we will have a pretty big drop off in sacks and int's. Alot of those came when we were pressuring opposing quarterbacks into making mistakes. And we still haven't found an answer for the run. Unless of course Vickerson can do it.

I don't think we will fall of the map but there will be a gap from 08 to 09.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

Last year, the Titans' defense ranked #6 against the run. That means five teams finished ahead of the Titans, and none of those teams had Albert Haynesworth. Apparently you don't necessarily need a player of Haynesworth's caliber to have a dominant defense.

It's funny to think that two years ago, everybody was calling Haynesworth a useless turd and wanted him gone; heck, some people even wanted him kicked out of football altogether.

Now that he's gone, some of those same people are now convinced the Titans' organization is doomed to collapse without him.

I'm guessing a lot of these people also predicted that after the 2006 season, the defense couldn't possibly get any better after losing their best defensive player . Seems like that one worked out okay, too.

Reinfeldt & Fisher have a plan, and they're sticking to it. Their decisions aren't always popular, and sometimes look like terrible decisions at first....but time and time again, they turn out to be exactly what the team needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar